Petition to make the US Postal Service run 24/7.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qweewq11

Smiley orgy organizer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is Sunday. We get no mail on Sunday. In a couple of weeks it will be Christmas. We get no mail on Christmas. Then it will be New Years. We get no mail on New Years. No mail = no letters from med schools.

I am thus petitioning the Postmaster General to make the Post Office Run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with no breaks ever, not even for lunch or to use the bathroom. This will ensure that our medical school decision letters are received as promply as possible. Please sign your name below if you support this petition. Thank you for your support.

---Names---
qweewq11

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by qweewq11
I am thus petitioning the Postmaster General to make the Post Office Run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with no breaks ever, not even for lunch or to use the bathroom. This will ensure that our medical school decision letters are received as promply as possible. .

---Names---
qweewq11

:laugh: :laugh:

---Names---
qweewq11
zoobaby

I'd love it too!! (Actually there has been plenty of talk lately about getting rid of SATURDAY delivery in order to save money. I predict a med applicant revolution if that happens.)

Members don't see this ad :)
...and it's sunday. I hate sundays. I get all excited to check the mail and it hits -there is none. It feels like sundays come more frequently than other days of the week. Not that I've been getting anything in the mail lately. Damn committees sitting on my applications.

I've always wondered this: Do you guys think that on Mondays we get the mail from Sunday and the mail for Monday, or do you think everything is just lagged behind one day? I just wondered if Mondays were like a double mail day with twice the chance to get med school stuff.:eek:

Actually, I think they should start delivering the mail just twice a week.... We'd save a lot of tax money....

Originally posted by qweewq11
Tomorrow is Sunday. We get no mail on Sunday. In a couple of weeks it will be Christmas. We get no mail on Christmas. Then it will be New Years. We get no mail on New Years. No mail = no letters from med schools.

I am thus petitioning the Postmaster General to make the Post Office Run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with no breaks ever, not even for lunch or to use the bathroom. This will ensure that our medical school decision letters are received as promply as possible. Please sign your name below if you support this petition. Thank you for your support.

---Names---
qweewq11

Heh. In '98, I interviewed at my #1 school pretty early in the year (September) along with a few others. I knew SOME decisions were supposed to go out on the 15th, so I waited the customary two days for the mail to go across state and camped out at my parents' house, waiting for the mailman. I watched him walk up the driveway and met him out there and grabbed the mail. There were no letters from med schools. I was so anxious and sure it was coming, I asked "Is this it?" He looked at me like I was ******ed.

The letter came the next day.

This, like many other things you will experience, is a right of passage. Does applying to med school suck? Yes. Going on interviews? Yes. Taking the MCAT? Waiting for letters? Taking that first med school test? Cutting a body apart? Interviewing your first patient? Doing your first pelvic exam? Watching your first patient die? Presenting to a large group on rounds? Giving your first lecture? Taking Step 1, then Step 2 of the boards? Going on residency interviews? These all suck.... but we've all been through it.

No, you don't deserve an extra day of mail. Besides, no letters at least means no rejections.... they're at least "thinking" about you.

mike

better yet, make everything electronic. my jeff acceptance took two weeks to get from philly to atlanta :rolleyes:

I think mail should be delivered every other day. Postage is already too much. I too read about stopping Saturday delivery and whole-heartedly support it.

its funny-
when i'm home at redlands (which is right next to loma linda)- i can actually go to the post office on sundays because of loma linda's SDA thing. their city's post office is closed on saturday, so it is open on sunday. very rad- meaning that i have access to stamps and hot postal chicks 7 days a week!!!!!!!!! (but they ain't gettin' no brownies- those are for SDN honeys only)

p

Originally posted by poloace
hot postal chicks

Hmm...I think there is a Mississippi law that prohibits attractive people from being postal workers, because here they're always old and fugly...even on campus.

Originally posted by poloace
its funny-
when i'm home at redlands (which is right next to loma linda)- i can actually go to the post office on sundays because of loma linda's SDA thing. their city's post office is closed on saturday, so it is open on sunday. very rad- meaning that i have access to stamps and hot postal chicks 7 days a week!!!!!!!!! (but they ain't gettin' no brownies- those are for SDN honeys only)

p

hot postal chicks?

I'm lucky to check my mail once a week. UsuallyI check it every other week unless i know for sure when somethign is coming and i have to receive it that day.

At least I always have a full mailbox

Actually, the post office does run 24/7 and on holidays too. When we first moved to the US, my dad was a temp worker at the local post office and he worked the graveyard shift and occasionally on holidays, he got paid overtime for those days. It's only that mail isn't delivered on Sun. And I don't think we should be complaining about the cost of postage. Postage in the U.S. is relatively cheap compared to that of other countries.

BananaSplit