pGPA Calculation and Repeated Courses (CSULB, Chapman, MSMU)

Started by jnllvllnv
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jnllvllnv

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone knows how CSULB, Chapman, and MSMU calculate pGPA with classes that have been repeated. Do they take your better grade or average it?

Also, for Chapman, I know that you are only allowed to retake prereqs once. I took 2 quarters of stats, but only repeated one quarter. Would I be allowed to retake a stats class under the semester system?

I'm planning to apply this upcoming cycle so I'm trying to see where I stand and what last efforts I can make to boost my GPA since it's not looking too competitive at this point.
 
Last edited:
Also, if multiple courses fulfill a requirement, is the course with the higher grade counted toward your pGPA?
 
I was wondering if anyone knows how CSULB, Chapman, and MSMU calculate pGPA with classes that have been repeated. Do they take your better grade or average it?

Also, for Chapman, I know that you are only allowed to retake prereqs once. I took 2 quarters of stats, but only repeated one quarter. Would I be allowed to retake a stats class under the semester system?

I'm planning to apply this upcoming cycle so I'm trying to see where I stand and what last efforts I can make to boost my GPA since it's not looking too competitive at this point.



These questions may be best answered by the program so you get a solid answer