pgy2 dermatology for july 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kanthreddy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
dear friends,
congrats for all the people who have matched.now that the match is finished i am trying to find out if there are any unfilled pgy2 slots for july 2010 or slots which have become vacant unexpectedly.
your help is much appreciated.
many thanks
kanthi

Members don't see this ad.

there were several spots available outside the match this year, but the ones i know of were all offered before the match. there may be openings after the match if programs get unexpected funding but not sure of any at the moment.
your best bet for finding these things out is by asking your home derm pd. he/she will know this information. there is an email list sent out of vacant positions. vacancies are not often made public so your best bet is finding out about them from someone in the know.
you could probably call your home schoool dean to find out if there are any 2011 spots available through the scramble. it would kind of be a long shot at this point, though, since i'm imagining the spots get snatched up really quickly.

Hi Kralwok,
I was wondering what you meant by several spots being available outside of the match this year. How would people apply to such spots? How would one even become aware of such positions? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
D

Members don't see this ad :)
the outside of the match spots i'm talking about are for people who will have already completed an internship. they begin july of 2010. every year there are a couple of such spots that open up usually because a program gets additional funding. the best way to find out about these is from a dermatology residency program director. they know about these things. derm is a very small world...

hi kralwok,
thanks for the reply. do u know of any such programmes which might have pgy2 starting july 2010.please help.
thanks
kanthi

kanthi,
i don't think there are any openings anymore :confused:
you need to be in close contact with someone in the know (a program director or chair) because these spots go quickly and are very competitive.
wish i could be of more help.
kral

ps. no one is going to post open spots on this site! i consider myself a very cooperative person, but it would make no sense for me to post open spots when i find out about them....

Last edited:
Well there you go. I stand corrected. University of Arizona. Good luck!