Pharm Guys Getting More Game?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sbomb

degree ******
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do guys seem to be having more success with women in pharmacy school than before (due to the disproportionate ratio of males versus females)? And are the women pharmacy students even thinking about relationships yet or is it just hardcore studying?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm happily married, but the single guys in my class seem to get more ass than a toilet seat. The potential of $$$ seems to be a motivating factor.

(From non-pharmacy student females. Though there is a bit of hanky panky among classmates.)

And are the women pharmacy students even thinking about relationships yet or is it just hardcore studying?
I've had one of those for close to 3 years, but I still study hardcore.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you get there they are all married or engaged. Start hitting on the prepharmacy chicks now to get ahead of the game. That's what I had to do.

And if you suck with women now, you will suck with women later....unless you learn how to deal with them. There are, like, only 3 types...broadly....they won't admit to it, but it's true. If you're lucky you'll figure out how to get with the ones that like dinguses (95% of them). They have this congenital birth defect where the worse you treat them, the faster they come back to you...and the more they want you. It took me a while to realize this. I used to be all sweet and ****. Then there was this girl I actually wanted to get rid of and the more I repelled her, the faster she came back to me. This theory pretty much held up for every girl I've experienced since then. If you want to get rid of a girl, buy her roses.

Anyway, then I got tired of dating....and working out all the time....so I got married.

From what I understand, that's pretty much the story of most guys aged 18-27.

I'm happily married
That's fairly unusual. I've met a number of unhappily married pharmacists or maybe they were just perverts. It seems like a lot of pharmacists just settle with their first relationships, because they want security and a routine. Dating can be stressful and unpredictable, but that shouldn't be a reason to hurry up and get married.

With some of the pharmacists I've met, they definitely got the routine they were looking for and now they're bored as hell.

That's fairly unusual. I've met a number of unhappily married pharmacists or maybe they were just perverts. It seems like a lot of pharmacists just settle with their first relationships, because they want security and a routine. Dating can be stressful and unpredictable, but that shouldn't be a reason to hurry up and get married.

With some of the pharmacists I've met, they definitely got the routine they were looking for and now they're bored as hell.

I do ok...married for 2+ years. Happy as could be. Of course, she's bi and we did her best friend together....I guess that keeps things interesting...

I do ok...married for 2+ years. Happy as could be. Of course, she's bi and we did her best friend together....I guess that keeps things interesting...
Was she bi before or after you got married? :p

I know of a couple like that.

Do pharm girls date up in class usually (i.e. date med students)? If so, maybe I should be focusing on nurses.

uh okay...what is this some sort of evolutionary heirarchy? what makes med students higher in "class" than a pharmacy student? and what makes a girl lower if she's in nursing school?

uh okay...what is this some sort of evolutionary heirarchy? what makes med students higher in "class" than a pharmacy student? and what makes a girl lower if she's in nursing school?

Doctors make more? Higher status? More responsibility? No offense, but there's a reason why its harder to get into med than pharm school. And no offense, but classes do exist in society. Always been there, always will be.

Doctors make more? Higher status? More responsibility? No offense, but there's a reason why its harder to get into med than pharm school. And no offense, but classes do exist in society. Always been there, always will be.
Please stop before you say anything else. It really isn't any harder, on average, to get into med school than it is to get into pharmacy school, because there are more med schools than pharmacy schools. I've known plenty of people who's back-up plan was med school if they didn't get into pharmacy school. One of my friend's did well on the PCAT and MCAT, but he decided to go to nursing school so that he could eventually become a nurse anesthetist, go figure??

Some doctors make more money than pharmacists, e.g. surgeons, but some make less, e.g. pediatricians. It just depends on who you're talking to and how they practice.

Since you're a pre-pharm, I would suggest that you clear up that "status" notion before you start pharmacy school. I see doctors make mistakes all of the time, and if you think they're above you in society, your bias will favor their mistakes.

When it comes to dating, I've never dated another person because they were in healthcare. I usually go for someone who can fix stuff; I'm especially impressed when they can work on cars. I hate video games and guys who are obsessed with sports, so that's probably why I end up with the mechanic types. I can't remember the last time I had to pay someone for an oil change. My current guy is in the electrical field.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm happily married, but the single guys in my class seem to get more ass than a toilet seat. The potential of $$$ seems to be a motivating factor.

(From non-pharmacy student females. Though there is a bit of hanky panky among classmates.)

I'm sorry but this post made me crack up so much, my coworkers were looking at me like I am a weirdo. :laugh:

Thanks, I needed that :thumbup:

Please stop before you say anything else. It really isn't any harder, on average, to get into med school than it is to get into pharmacy school, because there are more med schools than pharmacy schools. I've known plenty of people who's back-up plan was med school if they didn't get into pharmacy school. One of my friend's did well on the PCAT and MCAT, but he decided to go to nursing school so that he could eventually become an nurse anesthetist, go figure??

I think this is debatable. While I agree there are more med schools than pharm schools, the average GPA for all med schools is higher than pharm schools. And possibly (I have no empirical data to back me up on this one) more applicants to med schools than pharm schools.

Some doctors make more money than pharmacists, e.g. surgeons, but some make less, e.g. pediatricians. It just depends on who you're talking to and how they practice.

Sure, but on average, I think doctors still make more.

Since you're a pre-pharm, I would suggest that you clear up that "status" notion before you start pharmacy school. I see doctors make mistakes all of the time, and if you think they're above you in society, your bias will favor their mistakes.

I have no doubt that doctors make mistakes all the time, but they're still the ones making the decisions. I think that gives them "status" already. Sure, pharmacists get pissed when doctors screw up and perhaps they think that they could do a better job. Which is possibly why there are many (not all) pharmacists who wish they had chosen to be doctors.

When it comes to dating, I've never dated another person because they were in healthcare. I usually go for someone who can fix stuff; I'm especially impressed when they can work on cars. I hate video games and guys who are obsessed with sports, so that's probably why I end up with the mechanic types. I can't remember the last time I had to pay someone for an oil change. My current guy is in the electrical field.

Well, I guess you value industry more than status. But I would bet there are tons of women who do value status a lot, pharmacy women included.

Well, I guess you value industry more than status. But I would bet there are tons of women who do value status a lot, pharmacy women included.
Here's a funny story about status:
I used to work at a hospital. The male pharmacists would talk about sports, women, sex, music, etc., so we all knew that this single pharmacist got around. He loved younger, college girls, and would defend his dating habits by saying that the women were smart, because they were taking hard classes like organic chemistry or whatever. We also knew that the pharmacists would frequent this one bar.

My younger sister, who is a beautiful young woman, starting working at the same bar a few months after I got the hospital job, but we never talked about work. So when I told her that I had quit my job, because they didn't have an intern position, she asked me where I had worked. I told her the name of the hospital, and she asked me if I knew of a pharmacist who works there.

The pharmacist that she knew was the same guy who "got around". I told her what I thought of him, because I was so fortunate to hear about all of his escapades with young women, and my sister was like, "Him? Are we talking about the same guy?" I said, "Yeah. That's the guy. He has short hair with a hairline that's receding a little, taller, blue eyes, etc." She was like, "I'm really surprised. I thought he was shy and reserved." In fact, some of the other girls at the bar had also thought he was a "good catch".

So the moral of this story is: you shouldn't get around unless you want the reputation that goes along with it.

Here's a funny story about status:
I used to work at a hospital. The male pharmacists would talk about sports, women, sex, music, etc., so we all knew that this single pharmacist got around. He loved younger, college girls, and would defend his dating habits by saying that the women were smart, because they were taking hard classes like organic chemistry or whatever. We also knew that the pharmacists would frequent this one bar.

My younger sister, who is a beautiful young woman, starting working at the same bar a few months after I got the hospital job, but we never talked about work. So when I told her that I had quit my job, because they didn't have an intern position, she asked me where I had worked. I told her the name of the hospital, and she asked me if I knew of a pharmacist who works there.

The pharmacist that she knew was the same guy who "got around". I told her what I thought of him, because I was so fortunate to hear about all of his escapades with young women, and my sister was like, "Him? Are we talking about the same guy?" I said, "Yeah. That's the guy. He has short hair with a hairline that's receding a little, taller, blue eyes, etc." She was like, "I'm really surprised. I thought he was shy and reserved." In fact, some of the other girls at the bar had also thought he was a "good catch".

So the moral of this story is: you shouldn't get around unless you want the reputation that goes along with it.

Good Catch at a bar? Are the girls that shallow down in Nawlins??:smuggrin:

Do guys seem to be having more success with women in pharmacy school than before (due to the disproportionate ratio of males versus females)? And are the women pharmacy students even thinking about relationships yet or is it just hardcore studying?

I had no game then... and I have no game now..:oops:

Good Catch at a bar? Are the girls that shallow down in Nawlins??:smuggrin:
The whole point is that he's a pharmacist, which is supposedly a "status" symbol. He's really just a male slut posing as a wholesome, shy pharmacist.

By the way, this was Baton Rouge and it's more of a pub than a bar.

The whole point is that he's a pharmacist, which is supposedly a "status" symbol. He's really just a male slut posing as a wholesome, shy pharmacist.

By the way, this was Baton Rouge.

I have friends like that...

most people are in relationships or are already married, so i dont think so.

This is quite possibly TMI for a pharmacy message board. :laugh: :scared::smuggrin:

Haha. Isn't the moral of the story that a pharmacy degree gets you play? I agree what he did wasn't ethical, but for every guy who does something like that, there's a woman who plays a guy.

no offense, but if you need all that to get women then you're pretty sad (and when i say you i don't mean YOU personally)

no offense, but if you need all that to get women then you're pretty sad (and when i say you i don't mean YOU personally)

Yeah it is pretty sad. Sad, but for the most part, true.

Most of the guys in my pharmacy class are weird and/or unattractive.

Haha. Isn't the moral of the story that a pharmacy degree gets you play? I agree what he did wasn't ethical, but for every guy who does something like that, there's a woman who plays a guy.
The play stops when you make a foul.
From what I know, he had more than a crush on my sister, but I settled that with her as soon as I found out.
You think that guy has any chance with my sister's old co-workers? Probably not. He got caught.

I actually got married before I was accepted to school, been married 4+ years now. (happily :D) (she hits me because she loves me)

I am a pervert, not to an unhealthy level, but enough to keep people honest. :hardy: