TheJiggler

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2007
Status
Medical Student
So in terms of how much pharm is on step 1...has anyone ever heard of anyone saying "there was a lot of pharm on my step 1"?

All I've heard and read on this forum is that most people don't get tons and tons of pharm on step 1, and that makes sense since step 1 is more a pathphys oriented test since the focus of the first two years is disease path and not so much treatment.

so...anyone? a lot of pharm on step 1?

please don't jump on me like I feel most people do whenever I ask a question like "You should be prepared for all and only pharm questions b/c they can do that to you" b/c clearly that's not going to be the case. I'm just wondering what percentage about (in comparison to subjects like micro, biochem, anatomy, behavior) pharm will be. Thanks!

lankysudanese

antibiotics fetish
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
My roommate got slammed with lots of pharm in his test. Despite having a solid knowledge base in pharm, he said that, in retrospect, he wishes that he had read Lippincotts in detail. So yeah, it could happen.

mercaptovizadeh

ἀλώπηξ
10+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
Status
I think the pharm on my test was broad and numerous but not deep. You really need to know all the toxicities and some interactions, as well as mechanisms of action, of the drugs in FA.