Pharm: Qbank harder than USMLE???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jalby

I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I always read when people complete their tests that your really only need First Aid for Pharm and nothing else really. But then I take q-bank and it seems like 20% of the questions are not in First Aid. Is Qbank a harder than the USMLE's in that the questions arn't always in first aid??? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Jalby, I think the Step 1 pharm questions are easier than the qBank by far. qBank focuses so much on remote side effects (3rd or 4th most prevalent SE for a given drug or class of drugs). I had a very tough Step 1 but pharm was doable, and this is coming from someone who went into the test worried most about my preparation for pharm. Best wishes Jalby.

Almost every drug on my exam was covered in first aid. If it wasn't in FA, then I heard about it in my pharm course (and the question was easy anyhow). Qbank likes to make you sweat over random drugs you've never heard of, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

And I agree with Puck. It's important to know the most common or most serious side effect for each drug (if there is one), don't worry about memorizing these fourth line SEs-- that's the kind of stuff you get on the later step exams, i think

Members don't see this ad :)
On average the USMLE pharm side effects are less obscure than Qbanks. But I had several drugs come up on the USMLE that werent in FA or HY Pharm. I think it is really hit or miss but FA is enought to do well.

I felt pharm was one of the only comparable things on Qbank to the real thing. Qbank went a little off course on some drugs, but overall, I felt it was very representative of the type of thinking and the answers on the actual exam. ...unlike Micro...micro on qbank is ridiculous...the exam was much more straightforward.