Pharmaceutical sales

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alw44

Reaction score
I’ve been working in pharmaceutical sales since the beginning of 2017. My experience is what sparked my interest in going to medical school. I believe this is important to discuss.... I just worry how it will be perceived. Some hospital systems don’t allow pharma reps in the door.. I am fairly certain we are often looked at as dirty salesmen.

Thoughts?

I’m wondering if I should try to avoid talking too much about this experience and only really mention it as what sparked my interest, but that’s all.

Members don't see this ad.

If you frame it right I don't think it'll be looked at negatively. Also if you work in Pharma sales you're probably good looking so that's a plus at interviews.

alw44 said:
I’ve been working in pharmaceutical sales since the beginning of 2017. My experience is what sparked my interest in going to medical school. I believe this is important to discuss.... I just worry how it will be perceived. Some hospital systems don’t allow pharma reps in the door.. I am fairly certain we are often looked at as dirty salesmen.

Thoughts?

I’m wondering if I should try to avoid talking too much about this experience and only really mention it as what sparked my interest, but that’s all.
OP, if pharmaceutical sales sparked your interest in medicine, then you should explain how and why this occurred--it's your answer for "why medicine." Plain and simple.