Pharmaceutics Textbooks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chunkyb

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
The one class I am worried about is Pharmaceutics (based on P2 accounts). So far, i'm understanding the material, but I want more practice on the calculations.
Can anyone recommend a good Pharmaceutics Calculations textbook? My professor does not any use any textbook but offers his own hand-outs and notes. I would like to get my hands on some kind of source that focuses on problem solving, if one exists.

Thanks in advance.

-chunkyb

Members don't see this ad.

Ansel's Pharmaceutical Calculations is the field standard. It's the best book outside reading the journal of Pharm. Calc.

A book that you should never touch is Reddy's as in "ready to flunk." The only use for that red book is kindling.

I also recommend Ansel's Drug Dosage Forms for the boards. I think NAPLEX and Canada uses that as the standard for testing P'ceutics.

Did I warn you about Adnan Dakuri???? huh?? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by lord999
Ansel's Pharmaceutical Calculations is the field standard. It's the best book outside reading the journal of Pharm. Calc.

That's the book that we were using at UOP. It seemed alright - not that I had a chance to actually get into anything complicated...

Thanks, everyone, for all your input!
I guess Ansel is da man so I'll order his book.
Hope I'll do ok.

-chunky