*PHARMACIST ADVISE NEEDED*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LittleOne9

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello:)

I am currently a full time retail pharmacist.

Unfortunately having major health issues that has affected my legs & feet. Its gotten so bad I can barely stand or walk. :( As of right now, they believe it may be an autoimmune disorder.

Does anyone have advice for me as to what my next step may be in this field? With the market so saturated it is becoming harder to find jobs. Im considering hospital pharmacy however I do not have a residency.

Has anyone out there been in this situation? :unsure:

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Start applying other jobs: hospital, closed door, specialty, community. Bring a doctor note and buy a stool.

Reactions: 1 user
There are many small hospitals or hospitals in rural settings that are looking for pharmacists with or without residency. If you are okay with moving or commuting, I would start with the small hospitals close to your region. Another line of area you can look into is managed care pharmacy or working for a Walgreens store that allows your to verify from home (I believe Arizona has a few).

Just remember your health comes first. If you need or can afford to take time off to go get your legs checked out, please do. Goodluck!

There are many small hospitals or hospitals in rural settings that are looking for pharmacists with or without residency. If you are okay with moving or commuting, I would start with the small hospitals close to your region. Another line of area you can look into is managed care pharmacy or working for a Walgreens store that allows your to verify from home (I believe Arizona has a few).

Just remember your health comes first. If you need or can afford to take time off to go get your legs checked out, please do. Goodluck!

I second this. Major health systems, especially those in more saturated areas, tend to require residency or significant experience. However, you can often find a very good job at smaller hospitals, or those a little bit away from major cities. I have worked in "major" local players since graduation, but my best job has probably been my per diem at a small, regional hospital. Better pay, better work environment, less stress, and more autonomy. It's basically everything you could ask for outside of prestige, and that doesn't really count for much. Give it a shot, it may be up your alley.