Pharmacist cut my hours to 2 hrs a week from 5 hrs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JakeSill

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a tech at CVS. I guess they are cutting hours. This is the 2nd week in a row the pharmacist did this. He told me I don't have to come in for the 2 hours if I don't want to. Do i bother coming in? Like do I come in just to keep my name on the payroll. Is this a hint that he wants me to get a new job? I don't need a new job until January because I have a seasonal job. I normally work once a week for 5 hours so I can study more. I can work 8 hrs for that one day but he only gave me 5 hrs.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a tech at CVS. I guess they are cutting hours. This is the 2nd week in a row the pharmacist did this. He told me I don't have to come in for the 2 hours if I don't want to. Do i bother coming in? Like do I come in just to keep my name on the payroll. Is this a hint that he wants me to get a new job? I don't need a new job until January because I have a seasonal job. I normally work once a week for 5 hours so I can study more. I can work 8 hrs for that one day but he only gave me 5 hrs.

If you don't come in, tell the pharmacist beforehand. Also, you need to come in every month or so to keep your name on the payroll.

If you don't come in, tell the pharmacist beforehand. Also, you need to come in every month or so to keep your name on the payroll.
Thanks for the reply. I'll let him know I'm not coming. 50 minutes commute in total is probably not worth it for the 2 hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you simply want to stay in the system work once a month at any store close to where you are. Please do not drive almost an hour for 2 hours of work. As a CVS employee you can work at any store. Call up some CVS's around you to see if they will let you work 1 day a month

If you simply want to stay in the system work once a month at any store close to where you are. Please do not drive almost an hour for 2 hours of work. As a CVS employee you can work at any store. Call up some CVS's around you to see if they will let you work 1 day a month
Thanks so all I need to do is call around? I don't need to go into the store to talk to them?

Yes, just call around, and tell them you are a pharmacy student who lives in the area who currently works for CVS and you are looking to pick up a few hours, and you can give a day a week. Most stores would love that. They will tell you on the phone, and if they don't know, just ask when the PIC will be there, and get his or her name, and talk to them when they are in. That's all you have to do.

Yes, just call around, and tell them you are a pharmacy student who lives in the area who currently works for CVS and you are looking to pick up a few hours, and you can give a day a week. Most stores would love that. They will tell you on the phone, and if they don't know, just ask when the PIC will be there, and get his or her name, and talk to them when they are in. That's all you have to do.
Lol I'm still Pre-Pharm. Should I still say I'm a Pharmacy student?

About payroll, I did some training on learnet. Since I'm getting paid for those hours do I still have to come in? Last time I went to work was in august.