Pharmacist in International/Public Health

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rebelde

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone-- I'm a P2 PharmD student and I've been thinking about what I want to do when I graduate. I've decided that my interests is clinical pharmacy but i want to focus this in the public health and international health arenas....rather than being a retail pharmacist or a staff pharmacist in a hospital. Does anyone know of any pharmacists who have a clinical background but are working in the public/international health area?? I'm really just inerested in seeing what opportunities are out there for us.... I assume they must exist because there are several PharmD/MPH programs out there. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

You can always join Public Health Service. They recruit pharmacists just like every other kind of health professional... I once met a guy who helped set up healthcare system in Iraq - and he was a pharmacist... Plenty of pharmacists at CDC also. I would suggest attending your school's career fair, Public Health is usually represented there. Otherwise, attend APhA or ASHP, they are always there as well. Often they come and do presentations at schools too, so keep your eyes open for those announcements. Finally, seek out a rotation within public health during your final year, to gain firsthand experience.