Pharmacist jobs in UAE

Started by eric4321
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eric4321

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am curious if any current pharmacy students or RPh's have seen recruiters for jobs in Dubai or Abu Dhabi? There are always openings posted online but I don't know how much demand is actually there, as in, enough to hear good information from competing placement firms?

I've been to this area courtesy of the USN and would not mind working there for 1 year tax-free while my wife is meanwhile selling our house in FL [we plan to move from FL to NC sometime after I graduate].

If you know of a reputable placement firm I'd love to hear about it. So far we know a few nurses & dental hygienists who've take jobs in the Middle East but these were in Saudi, a place I have no interest in re-visiting. Thanks!!
 
I am curious if any current pharmacy students or RPh's have seen recruiters for jobs in Dubai or Abu Dhabi? There are always openings posted online but I don't know how much demand is actually there, as in, enough to hear good information from competing placement firms?

I've been to this area courtesy of the USN and would not mind working there for 1 year tax-free while my wife is meanwhile selling our house in FL [we plan to move from FL to NC sometime after I graduate].

If you know of a reputable placement firm I'd love to hear about it. So far we know a few nurses & dental hygienists who've take jobs in the Middle East but these were in Saudi, a place I have no interest in re-visiting. Thanks!!

UAE would be cool for a year. You could ski in the desert at their new indoor ski slope. I spent a month in UAE and visited Dubai a couple of times. A year would not be bad.

Are their really placement firms with jobs for pharmacists in the middle east?
 
Earning an income tax free is rather nice. Anyone know of pharmacy opportunities in UAE or the greater Middle East?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Earning an income tax free is rather nice. Anyone know of pharmacy opportunities in UAE or the greater Middle East?

I was under the impression that a US citizen still had to report income earned abroad, though how strictly this is followed or whether this would even apply isn't in my area of expertise.
 
It's been more than 2 years since I last looked it up on a State Dept website but yes you can take the whole year's income *almost* tax-free. It involves being in one place, not a US territory, for something like 330 out of 365 days.

It can be even more lucrative, relatively speaking, for a construction worker or aircraft mechanic - some of those professions get paid by the project and the project's actual time to finish may be shorter than the contracted time. There have been guys who built oil pipelines for 12-14 months, completing 2 "year-long" projects, and came home with almost 200 grand.
 
I'd think twice about going to the UAE

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html

It's a long article but very interesting.

tldr: Dubai is full of human rights violations and things are going downhill there very quickly due to the credit crunch. Westerners who stay there need to have "bugout bags" nearby at all times in case things go bad and they need to flee the country.

That's how it is in most international settings. Besides, you are there to make money...not a life. Get it and come back to the land of the free.
 
Hey guys
If anyone has question about the middle east you can always ask me i am very familiar with the area.🙂