Pharmacist License Transfer to California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swatchgirl

Exercise your brains out, so you don't get sick.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my score transfer request (plus score transfer fee) but I did not complete all the paper work necessary for the California licensure application within 90 days of passing my NAPLEX. Even though I have requested my NAPLEX score to be transferred, the California BOP still does not have my completed licensure application material on file.

My question is, is my score transfer request still valid? Or would I have to re-take my NAPLEX in order to re-initiate the score transfer request?

Someone mentioned doing a license transfer to Cali. But I thought California does not participate in license reciprocity. Could someone please clarify?

Members don't see this ad.

Follow the directions at the beginning of the license application. They don't issue "reciprocal" licenses, so you get a primary license by the process that would be reciprocating in any other state.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You can request a score transfer before actually doing the application.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can request a score transfer before actually doing the application.

I had already submitted the score transfer request back at the time I registered to take the NAPLEX. I did not complete the California licensure application within 90 days of passing the NAPLEX. Is the score transfer request I submitted still valid? That's what I'm concerned about. I know I'm making it sound complicated, so I'm hoping someone could help simplify it.

You have up to 90 days to do a score transfer to any state. Generally score transfers are good for one year because the NAPLEX result itself is good for one year (depends on the board really). The timing of when you must do a licensing application is dictated by the state-specific BOP, not NABP. I do not recall California imposing any sort of 90-day time limit in regard to when you can start the application relative to the NAPLEX exam date.

Reactions: 1 user
You have up to 90 days to do a score transfer to any state. Generally score transfers are good for one year because the NAPLEX result itself is good for one year (depends on the board really). The timing of when you must do a licensing application is dictated by the state-specific BOP, not NABP. I do not recall California imposing any sort of 90-day time limit in regard to when you can start the application relative to the NAPLEX exam date.

Thanks for the clarifications. Wow, so the NAPLEX score we get is typically only good for one year? What happens after that one year? :confused: (I think mine is still good since it hasn't been a year yet, but just curious. :))

Thanks for the clarifications. Wow, so the NAPLEX score we get is typically only good for one year? What happens after that one year? :confused: (I think mine is still good since it hasn't been a year yet, but just curious. :))
Transfer by reciprocity.

Not if you took it after 2005? I think

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app