Pharmacist Paul Tran Speaks out Against the Pharmacy Profession

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PSOP Student

Reaction score
These days, it seems like we have a lot of kids who are completely clueless and are still applying to pharmacy school. Well, we now have REAL PHARMACISTS who are willing to risk their own career and degrees to help out these clueless kids by going public. DON'T GO INTO PHARMACY.

Anyone on the otherside of the fence is either a ***** or trying to take your tuition money to feed themselves.

Members don't see this ad.

I remember watching his videos years ago. Glad to see that he is speaking the truth.

Reactions: 1 user
I remember watching his videos years ago. Glad to see that he is speaking the truth.

Him and Kevin Yee. Two of the realist dudes who are speaking out about these scam schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
The comments in this video are so cringe worthy much like the pre-pharm posts here.

"I am passionate about pharmacy and am not worried about the job market".

"Perhaps we'd all be better served by some positive/optimistic content; like the string quartet on the deck of the Titanic".

So this person openly admits that the profession is a sinking ship and she's still in school why???

The person mentioning the Titanic might have meant to be sarcastic.

Wasn’t this the same guy who made videos a while back promoting pharmacy because he himself had a unicorn job/multiple income streams?

The loans. It is like quicksand. If you forgave me loan, I would leave this field and never look back. I wish the Democrats win and forgive this scummy loan. I would never ever look at a pharmacy again. I would give up the three years I spent at Pacific if you would forgive my loan right now.

Believing the democrats will forgive your loans is akin to believing pharmacy is still a solid career choice.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Wasn’t this the same guy who made videos a while back promoting pharmacy because he himself had a unicorn job/multiple income streams?

Yes back when there were jobs available he motivated many people to become pharmacists. It's good to see that he's telling the truth. Not sure what kind of videos he'll make after this, he'll probably lose viewers and subscribers.

Believing the democrats will forgive your loans is akin to believing pharmacy is still a solid career choice.

So...Trump is the more likely person to forgive these loans? Betsy? Come on dude...:wtf:

• Haha
So...Trump is the more likely person to forgive these loans? Betsy? Come on dude...:wtf:

Who said anything about Trump? That side isn't promising loan forgiveness in the same way democrats are.

You really think the government is going to forgive hundreds of thousands of dollars in graduate school loans and not expect anything in return? Are you that naïve? Taxing the rich alone will not make it possible to forgive all student debt and cover all prospective students tuition. The middle class will have to foot the bill, all this would do is perpetuate the cycle of people spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on degrees they need for jobs that don't exist. And destroy the middle class.

It was no secret the field was saturated with limited growth opportunities when you likely started pharmacy school. You made a poor career decision, hold yourself accountable….come on dude.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Yes back when there were jobs available he motivated many people to become pharmacists. It's good to see that he's telling the truth. Not sure what kind of videos he'll make after this, he'll probably lose viewers and subscribers.

Kevin Yee has not lost any subscribers, but he does other things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asking for loan forgiveness is a frigging toddler tantrum. You make a dumb decision - YOU pay for it, don't expect ME to foot that bill... Do you think that money you misspent grew on trees?

I am all for student loan reform, but it should be about not giving them out so easily (which is also what fueled the outrageous tuition growth), not about throwing even money into the bottomless abyss.

Reactions: 3 users
Donot listen to Alex Barker. Total scam artist

I do not know the whole story on Alex Barker (or anyone else) other than what he/she reveals in his/her business. That is what makes people who promote enthusiasm (like BeHisMasterpiece and GhanaboyPharmD) dangerous to ask for advice. The latter graduated from my Alma Mater. Contagious enthusiasm without data and relentless positivity using carefully-crafted language both do not change the facts, which is why I do not join the Christian Pharmacists Fellowship International (CPFI). Those two members were part of that pharmacy organization as students and fail to consider data in their decision-making.

In other words, I agree to an extent. Individuals who do not have pharmacy jobs will buy into scams, thereby generating views and revenue for their YouTube channel as well as increase the number of subscribers. There are successful individuals who found jobs through Alex Barker's materials, but those are the rare cases he highlights over the years he has been in business. You can work in academia, but not be a full-time Assistant Professor in a pharmacy school or college unless you have a PGY1 or a comparable profile. The sad fact is that "buy-in" is what keeps businesses running. There are other pharmacy careers out there with more experience and a better outlook. It is too bad he was "bullied" into making his own career business and chose to leave the profession. Fortunately, he saved up enough money to develop that business and make it his own, which new graduates will have a very hard time doing nowadays without jobs.

Paul Tran has another YouTube channel on home improvement. Multiple content streams are necessary to make a decent income via YouTube and other means. My biggest concern about Paul Tran is if he is choosing to leave pharmacy, it is his decision. Many left pharmacy before to pursue other healthcare careers and other options; this is not news to veteran practitioners, new graduates, and now to the public.

Last edited:
Wow! Paul Tran was right on the spot. It’s really the shrinking job market and the scam schools lowering admission standards that make pharmacy school an unwise choice nowadays.

Wow! Paul Tran was right on the spot. It’s really the shrinking job market and the scam schools lowering admission standards that make pharmacy school an unwise choice nowadays.

Newsflash: Paul Tran is not the only person who saw this coming. People on SDN have been talking about it too...and Reddit...and Indeed...

Don't forget the students who chose other careers after pharmacy school; their two-cents are on YouTube via public posts.

People know now; I'm glad the word is out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users