Pharmacist Professional Liability Insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bigbomb

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a pharmacy graduate of 2017 who has been working for several months. I have had this subject on my mind for a while now but haven't gotten around to making a decision.

While in school I was covered under my university's Pharmacist Mutual plan and luckily never had to use it so I really have no knowledge of what it entailed.

But now that am practicing out from under their umbrella I have felt that I should get a plan to cover myself.

So my main question becomes what plans are good? Basically I am looking to maximize my coverage while doing it at the most affordable rate.

If you would like you can comment on your opinion if liability/malpractice insurance is worth it. But from what I understand its affordable enough where it really doesn't make much sense to not get it.

Also, in case anyone is wondering I work for a small independent pharmacy with about 50 employees. We service a niche market but are growing rapidly. And I may potentially be taking on managerial responsibilities in the near future.

Thanks for any comment or suggestions!

Members don't see this ad.

Just get a policy from Pharmacists Mutual and be done with it.

Reactions: 1 user
In the same boat here. Reading the forums, which one would be the best one Pharmacists Mutal or the one provided about ASHP or ApHA? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Absolutely. Your employer policy is to protect them, not you. You need your own policy.

Sounds like my two options are Pharmacist Mutual or HPSO.

Anyone have recommendations one way or another. Is one more affordable than the other? Know of any differences in coverage?

All the feedback is much appreciated everyone.

Sounds like my two options are Pharmacist Mutual or HPSO.

Anyone have recommendations one way or another. Is one more affordable than the other? Know of any differences in coverage?

All the feedback is much appreciated everyone.
It's so cheap there's no reason to not have one.

Shoot, buy both