Pharmacist profiling job at home, how realistic is that?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmaTope

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear people talk about these hospital pharmacist jobs where you profile at home.

anyone ever hear of this? is this realistic or just one of those BS rumors like alaska pays 300k a yr. junk like that?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

talked to two guys that run a company that does just this...it's not a pipe dream. they look for pharmacists with 5+ years of inpatient experience. i have a ppt somewhere, but i don't believe i'm allowed to distribute it.

they do exist. I've seen ads for them on ACCP and CareerPharm

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean by profiling at home?

I hear people talk about these hospital pharmacist jobs where you profile at home.

anyone ever hear of this? is this realistic or just one of those BS rumors like alaska pays 300k a yr. junk like that?

thanks!

its a remote order entry program where processing of physician orders are done remotely from home by a pharmacist when the hospital pharmacy is closed. this is typically a graveyard position...except you get to work at home. i would seriously only consider pharmacists who are experienced as a hospital pharamcist to do this sort of work.

its a remote order entry program where processing of physician orders are done remotely from home by a pharmacist when the hospital pharmacy is closed. this is typically a graveyard position...except you get to work at home. i would seriously only consider pharmacists who are experienced as a hospital pharamcist to do this sort of work.

I believe McKesson or Cardinal offers these positions...I hear they install a camera to monitor your work...

thanks!

The hospital I did my shadowing was working on setting this up so if the pharmacy got swamped with orders they could page someone on-call and they could profile it from their home computer to help relieve the strain. The assistant director was telling me all about it. I would love to work in a hospital with that technology.