Pharmacist profiling job at home, how realistic is that?

PharmaTope

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2008
Status
I hear people talk about these hospital pharmacist jobs where you profile at home.

anyone ever hear of this? is this realistic or just one of those BS rumors like alaska pays 300k a yr. junk like that?

thanks!

confettiflyer

Did you just say something?
10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
Best Coast
Status
Pharmacist
talked to two guys that run a company that does just this...it's not a pipe dream. they look for pharmacists with 5+ years of inpatient experience. i have a ppt somewhere, but i don't believe i'm allowed to distribute it.

blissful

Removed
Apr 11, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
What do you mean by profiling at home?

I hear people talk about these hospital pharmacist jobs where you profile at home.

anyone ever hear of this? is this realistic or just one of those BS rumors like alaska pays 300k a yr. junk like that?

thanks!

StaviZFingerZ

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
its a remote order entry program where processing of physician orders are done remotely from home by a pharmacist when the hospital pharmacy is closed. this is typically a graveyard position...except you get to work at home. i would seriously only consider pharmacists who are experienced as a hospital pharamcist to do this sort of work.

riskhk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2003
East Bay
Status
its a remote order entry program where processing of physician orders are done remotely from home by a pharmacist when the hospital pharmacy is closed. this is typically a graveyard position...except you get to work at home. i would seriously only consider pharmacists who are experienced as a hospital pharamcist to do this sort of work.
I believe McKesson or Cardinal offers these positions...I hear they install a camera to monitor your work...

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacist
I believe McKesson or Cardinal offers these positions...I hear they install a camera to monitor your work...
That would make this seriously less attractive - somehow, the ability to do pharmacy in your skivvies has a special something.

Apr 4, 2010
Status
Pharmacy Student

thanks!
The hospital I did my shadowing was working on setting this up so if the pharmacy got swamped with orders they could page someone on-call and they could profile it from their home computer to help relieve the strain. The assistant director was telling me all about it. I would love to work in a hospital with that technology.