Pharmacist vs pharmacology vs pharmaceutical scientists

Started by Mkt2596
Tags Tags
pharmacy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mkt2596

New Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, I'm a bit confused on the differences between pharmacist , pharmacology and pharmacuetical scientists
What is the amount of schooling needed for both?
What should I major in if I want to become one of these?
What would you recommend?
I'm open to any and every opinion please help!!!!!
 
Pharmacy is a professional program (usually the degree is a PharmD, but may be a bachelor's or master's degree in some countries). Upon graduation, you will work directly with patients in a drugstore or hospital.

Pharmacology and pharmaceutical science require you to do original research and earn a PhD. You will then do research for a pharmaceutical company or become a professor.

If you are not sure which one you'd like to go into, take an undergraduate degree in chemistry or pharmacology and make sure to check on the Internet and with your academic advisor (at university, not your high school academic advisor who may not know) to make sure you are getting all the prerequisites that you need for your chosen academic path.