Pharmacists who became entrepreneurs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EntrepreneuRx

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a pharmacist/entrepreneur. I've been a preceptor for students for the last 5 years, and noticed that the large majority of my students' questions were targeted to my side businesses as opposed to retail pharmacy. Personally, I think it's primarily because pharmacy students are barely exposed to business/entrepreneurship during college. Recently I started an email newsletter for young pharmacists and pharmacy students, exposing them to pharmacists that have successfully became entrepreneurs in industries outside of pharmacy.

I'm interested to see if any pharmacists on here have created businesses unrelated to pharmacy? If so, what kind? More importantly, why did you pursue entrepreneurship? Freedom, more money, etc?
Thaanks
 
How do you make money from the email newsletter?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I don't. Right now I'm using it simply to gather an outline for my students and possibly turn it into a class at one of the colleges I accept students from.

My side businesses are related to fitness, nutrition, and athletes. I'm debating whether to dabble in the food business.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is kind of related to pharmacy but a few years ago a couple of my friends in healthcare and tech started a consulting business on the side doing mostly pharmacy/hospital informatics (hospital IT, system implementations, etc) and it has been doing pretty well. There is still good demand in the healthcare IT field.
 
I am a successful top producer real estate agent in my market in Florida. I graduated as a pharmacist and worked in the field for 7 years. if you'd like to learn how I did it and how to become a top producing agent you can private message me any questions. I doubled my pharmacist salary and I enjoy selling real estate. I can help anyone looking to get into this business. You can follow me here Al Torre (if you friend request me please send me a private message saying you're from SDN ) I get a lot of friend requests and I don't want to ignore anyones request on the forum.
 
Last edited: