Pharmacological Internships/Jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

triplerox

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read on this fourm how some people have gotten internships or jobs in pharmacological labs prior to applying to pharm schools. i've tried searhing for them but to no success. where do most ppl find these opportunities?

Members don't see this ad.

Well were they science majors to begin with (esp. chem)?

If not, then that's really tough.

The only strictly prepharm person I know that got a summer job in a pharmaceutical company got it because his dad teaches some pharmacy class at our college.

I've read on this fourm how some people have gotten internships or jobs in pharmacological labs prior to applying to pharm schools. i've tried searhing for them but to no success. where do most ppl find these opportunities?

When you are a science major as an undergrad, usually faculty who are well informed of these types of internships set you up. I used to get emails constantly during last year about this kind of opportunities.

When you go to science conferences to present your research work, people from all kinds of labs show up and if they like you or are impressed by your research they might offer you a job.

Hope this helps. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
When you are a science major as an undergrad, usually faculty who are well informed of these types of internships set you up. I used to get emails constantly during last year about this kind of opportunities.

When you go to science conferences to present your research work, people from all kinds of labs show up and if they like you or are impressed by your research they might offer you a job.

Hope this helps. :luck:

You should pass some of these emails my way for next summer.

i am currently doing an internship for a PBM (managed care pharmacy) internship..and I won't be starting pharmacy school until this fall... i think my experiences had a lot to do w/ me getting the same position as other pharmacy students got... g'luck PM me if u have more questions.