Pharmacy Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lyna9999

Reaction score
I am taking my PCAT next week. I'm not the best test taker, so any tips and strategies will be appreciated. I know I don't need the PCAT for this year, but considering my low GPA 2.23 and no volunteering hours I can't risk it. I do have 1 year experience working in retail as a pharm. tech. I know some will advice me to reconsider about going to pharmacy school, but this is something that I've always wanted to do. What are some of the best schools that I should consider applying to? For the PCAT, I'm currently using Dr. Collins and Kaplan. I'm having a hard time keeping up with the math section. Any tips o how to finish on time?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you’re using the Kaplan study book it has some great strategies to use for the math section that really helped me when I took it such as the substitution strategy. The good thing is that on the test, the numbers for the choices are lowest to highest in the order from A to D or E. So if you try B and it’s too high, the answer would automatically be A. But when I took the test last month, I just guessed on the questions I didn’t know, someone told me once to always pick B or C if I didn’t know. So always pick an answer because wrong answers don’t count against you. It might also help you to watch videos on YouTube about the concepts you’re struggling with

If you’re using the Kaplan study book it has some great strategies to use for the math section that really helped me when I took it such as the substitution strategy. The good thing is that on the test, the numbers for the choices are lowest to highest in the order from A to D or E. So if you try B and it’s too high, the answer would automatically be A. But when I took the test last month, I just guessed on the questions I didn’t know, someone told me once to always pick B or C if I didn’t know. So always pick an answer because wrong answers don’t count against you. It might also help you to watch videos on YouTube about the concepts you’re struggling with
Thank you! did you skip around to the easy ones first before doing word problems?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was so into the test that I didn’t even think about doing the easy ones first. But occasionally I did skip one and flag it if it was too hard or would take to much time. Then I’d go back at the end and try to do it.

If you don't mind me asking, what schools are you planning on applying to?