Pharmacy clubs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mustang sally

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school really seems to put a lot of emphasis on joining the pharmacy organizations, running for student council, etc. I'm just wondering how important these things are realistically for getting a job after you graduate? Do people really care if you were secretary of such and such organization?

Members don't see this ad.

for a job, no. For a residency/fellowship it can help but isn't everything.

My school really seems to put a lot of emphasis on joining the pharmacy organizations, running for student council, etc. I'm just wondering how important these things are realistically for getting a job after you graduate? Do people really care if you were secretary of such and such organization?
forget the student counsel....that won't help you in your future...basically you become the schools bit** boy to relay stuff

If you want to do something more than typical joe blow walgreens/CVS/Rite Aid pharmacist, get involved. This will help you learn how to "network" and help your CV out when it comes time to apply for residencies or whatever else you may want to do.