Pharmacy experience ?

Started by pcatboy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pcatboy

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While I've been occupied with the PCAT prep materials, I have noticed that most people apply to the pharmacy school have at least some experience in the pharmacy setting. Most schools will not require pharmacy experience but since many applicants have it, I feel like I must have it too in order to survive this competitive world. Has anyone gotten accepted to the pharmacy school without any pharmacy experience?
 
SDN does not represent everyone. there are a lot of students who have never touched IV. If you really think want to be more competitive, do better PS, raise ur GPA, volunteer at pharmacy, and so on.
 
While I've been occupied with the PCAT prep materials, I have noticed that most people apply to the pharmacy school have at least some experience in the pharmacy setting. Most schools will not require pharmacy experience but since many applicants have it, I feel like I must have it too in order to survive this competitive world. Has anyone gotten accepted to the pharmacy school without any pharmacy experience?

Any bit of pharmacy experience helps. Top schools want to see that in your application.