Pharmacy: I sued ACPE…Heavens forgive us all.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dracula2017

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First, I want to thank those who will take time to read this. Many more thanks for those with an encouraging word and gems of advice. Those with nothing good to say, please, now is not the time. Let us do that at another time over a beer. I mean "Humble sloth".

Several years ago, I was hounded out of a pharmacy school for a fictitious academic dismissal. I know some of you have their antannae up because 'a school cannot just do that'….well, with stiff competition to make money off pharmacy students, dont be surprised. But again, it is my story as I know it. I did not take the class that I allegedly failed, neither did the instructor of the class grade me. The grade used to hound me out was given by the dean. I was also forced through a charade of appeals to create a sense of fairness and was eventualy kicked out. Why the dean? Caught in a lie and embarassed before others. He got demoted after.

I reached out to ACPE (the accreditation body) to report the violated policies of this program. ACPE rebuked my complaints…and here I thought ACPE had a role of checking these schools…no? According to the institutional grievance policy, ACPE was the last stop.

Reading through and sharing with others, I found that ACPE followed (is required to) certain Federal Regulations when responding to complains. Something along the lines of equitably, fair and timely. Federal code 34 section 602. ACPE infact claims that it has an obligation to assure itself that programs it accredits operate honestly and frankly. It asks complainants to file complains in writing and in detail.
The first anonymous complaint touched on 5 violated policies - explained on 4 pages.

Here is ACPE's 'equitable, fair and timely response'

"….I have to wonder what is your source since all your complaint is second hand with no evidence of having tried to validate the things you charge. I doubt anything I can say or do will change your pre-conceived thoughts regarding ACPE's evaluations or findings…" At the time I found this very strange….what are they talking about? I had no pre-conceived thoughts. Shocked I was.

Second complain; ACPE insisted that the complainant be revealed or they would not investigate the school. Gave permission around noon and few hours later, the school had responded with over 30 pages justifying their position. Of course ACPE refused to let me see the over 30 pages (had to file FOIA to get them). ACPE again 'fairly, equitably and timely' responded:

"Preliminary inquiry shows the school was fair and followed it's laid down procedure. ACPE's is only obligated to ensure that the school follows it's policies and procedures" End of response.

Next, a friend adviced to head to the secretary of education: specifically Higher education accreditation Directorate. ACPE fowarded the over 30 pages to the department of education to 'show the students complaints lack merit'. Again the DoE also said 'it seems the procedure is fair' and refused to show the details.

So I filed a FOIA to see the 30 pages of fairness. Such lies and contradictions. My former dean lied so much, that if ACPE had only read the first 4 Pages, they would have see that they contradicted each other, were full of ommisions and fabrications. Or maybe they had no interest reading any of it. So much for investigation.

But that is not all, I had asked my represetative to look into it. The school/ACPE again persisted with the lies. This time ACPE embellished the lies with it's opinion. I have evidence.

My question is this:

Are there any protections that accrediting bodies have which allow them to misrepresent, encourage untruthful deans and ignore federal regulations? All the people I have talked to say; ACPE cannot be sued. Why not? I will probably find out soon, won't I.

Are they not misleading people into believing programs adhere to their regulations, when in reality, some do not. And ACPE has no way to verify that schools do what they claim, except by asking them. Why would a for-profit school incriminate itself? Where does critical thinking begin.

Anyone who has interacted with ACPE, PLEASE share here or in private. But members, please, feel free to talk.
 
First, I want to thank those who will take time to read this. Many more thanks for those with an encouraging word and gems of advice. Those with nothing good to say, please, now is not the time. Let us do that at another time over a beer. I mean "Humble sloth".

Several years ago, I was hounded out of a pharmacy school for a fictitious academic dismissal. I know some of you have their antannae up because 'a school cannot just do that'….well, with stiff competition to make money off pharmacy students, dont be surprised. But again, it is my story as I know it. I did not take the class that I allegedly failed, neither did the instructor of the class grade me. The grade used to hound me out was given by the dean. I was also forced through a charade of appeals to create a sense of fairness and was eventualy kicked out. Why the dean? Caught in a lie and embarassed before others. He got demoted after.

I reached out to ACPE (the accreditation body) to report the violated policies of this program. ACPE rebuked my complaints…and here I thought ACPE had a role of checking these schools…no? According to the institutional grievance policy, ACPE was the last stop.

Reading through and sharing with others, I found that ACPE followed (is required to) certain Federal Regulations when responding to complains. Something along the lines of equitably, fair and timely. Federal code 34 section 602. ACPE infact claims that it has an obligation to assure itself that programs it accredits operate honestly and frankly. It asks complainants to file complains in writing and in detail.
The first anonymous complaint touched on 5 violated policies - explained on 4 pages.

Here is ACPE's 'equitable, fair and timely response'

"….I have to wonder what is your source since all your complaint is second hand with no evidence of having tried to validate the things you charge. I doubt anything I can say or do will change your pre-conceived thoughts regarding ACPE's evaluations or findings…" At the time I found this very strange….what are they talking about? I had no pre-conceived thoughts. Shocked I was.

Second complain; ACPE insisted that the complainant be revealed or they would not investigate the school. Gave permission around noon and few hours later, the school had responded with over 30 pages justifying their position. Of course ACPE refused to let me see the over 30 pages (had to file FOIA to get them). ACPE again 'fairly, equitably and timely' responded:

"Preliminary inquiry shows the school was fair and followed it's laid down procedure. ACPE's is only obligated to ensure that the school follows it's policies and procedures" End of response.

Next, a friend adviced to head to the secretary of education: specifically Higher education accreditation Directorate. ACPE fowarded the over 30 pages to the department of education to 'show the students complaints lack merit'. Again the DoE also said 'it seems the procedure is fair' and refused to show the details.

So I filed a FOIA to see the 30 pages of fairness. Such lies and contradictions. My former dean lied so much, that if ACPE had only read the first 4 Pages, they would have see that they contradicted each other, were full of ommisions and fabrications. Or maybe they had no interest reading any of it. So much for investigation.

But that is not all, I had asked my represetative to look into it. The school/ACPE again persisted with the lies. This time ACPE embellished the lies with it's opinion. I have evidence.

My question is this:

Are there any protections that accrediting bodies have which allow them to misrepresent, encourage untruthful deans and ignore federal regulations? All the people I have talked to say; ACPE cannot be sued. Why not? I will probably find out soon, won't I.

Are they not misleading people into believing programs adhere to their regulations, when in reality, some do not. And ACPE has no way to verify that schools do what they claim, except by asking them. Why would a for-profit school incriminate itself? Where does critical thinking begin.

Anyone who has interacted with ACPE, PLEASE share here or in private. But members, please, feel free to talk.


We are definitely not getting the entire story here. Not sure what to respond with, since we have no idea what is going on....

I'm trying to comprehend what is going on: You recieved a false grade... for a course you never took... what? Is said course a part of their required didactic program? Were you required to take it and did not take it? I don't get it.
 
I have no idea what happened or may happen as a result, but I hope you destroy them and use the ruling to destroy your old school.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First, I want to thank those who will take time to read this. Many more thanks for those with an encouraging word and gems of advice. Those with nothing good to say, please, now is not the time. Let us do that at another time over a beer. I mean "Humble sloth".

Several years ago, I was hounded out of a pharmacy school for a fictitious academic dismissal. I know some of you have their antannae up because 'a school cannot just do that'….well, with stiff competition to make money off pharmacy students, dont be surprised. But again, it is my story as I know it. I did not take the class that I allegedly failed, neither did the instructor of the class grade me. The grade used to hound me out was given by the dean. I was also forced through a charade of appeals to create a sense of fairness and was eventualy kicked out. Why the dean? Caught in a lie and embarassed before others. He got demoted after.

I reached out to ACPE (the accreditation body) to report the violated policies of this program. ACPE rebuked my complaints…and here I thought ACPE had a role of checking these schools…no? According to the institutional grievance policy, ACPE was the last stop.

Reading through and sharing with others, I found that ACPE followed (is required to) certain Federal Regulations when responding to complains. Something along the lines of equitably, fair and timely. Federal code 34 section 602. ACPE infact claims that it has an obligation to assure itself that programs it accredits operate honestly and frankly. It asks complainants to file complains in writing and in detail.
The first anonymous complaint touched on 5 violated policies - explained on 4 pages.

Here is ACPE's 'equitable, fair and timely response'

"….I have to wonder what is your source since all your complaint is second hand with no evidence of having tried to validate the things you charge. I doubt anything I can say or do will change your pre-conceived thoughts regarding ACPE's evaluations or findings…" At the time I found this very strange….what are they talking about? I had no pre-conceived thoughts. Shocked I was.

Second complain; ACPE insisted that the complainant be revealed or they would not investigate the school. Gave permission around noon and few hours later, the school had responded with over 30 pages justifying their position. Of course ACPE refused to let me see the over 30 pages (had to file FOIA to get them). ACPE again 'fairly, equitably and timely' responded:

"Preliminary inquiry shows the school was fair and followed it's laid down procedure. ACPE's is only obligated to ensure that the school follows it's policies and procedures" End of response.

Next, a friend adviced to head to the secretary of education: specifically Higher education accreditation Directorate. ACPE fowarded the over 30 pages to the department of education to 'show the students complaints lack merit'. Again the DoE also said 'it seems the procedure is fair' and refused to show the details.

So I filed a FOIA to see the 30 pages of fairness. Such lies and contradictions. My former dean lied so much, that if ACPE had only read the first 4 Pages, they would have see that they contradicted each other, were full of ommisions and fabrications. Or maybe they had no interest reading any of it. So much for investigation.

But that is not all, I had asked my represetative to look into it. The school/ACPE again persisted with the lies. This time ACPE embellished the lies with it's opinion. I have evidence.

My question is this:

Are there any protections that accrediting bodies have which allow them to misrepresent, encourage untruthful deans and ignore federal regulations? All the people I have talked to say; ACPE cannot be sued. Why not? I will probably find out soon, won't I.

Are they not misleading people into believing programs adhere to their regulations, when in reality, some do not. And ACPE has no way to verify that schools do what they claim, except by asking them. Why would a for-profit school incriminate itself? Where does critical thinking begin.

Anyone who has interacted with ACPE, PLEASE share here or in private. But members, please, feel free to talk.

These institutions...especially your own school...have nothing to gain from dismissing you. No school would go through all that to dismiss you just so they can replace you with another student who would pay the same tuition anyway. There is definitely more to the store that you are not telling.

If it has been a few a years then move on. They have a solid case against you otherwise you wouldn't be posting on SND asking strangers for advice years later....you would had gotten a lawyer like a reasonable human being.
 
I have extensive experience working with the ACPE and know how they work. I know for fact that yes, they can be sued and I've seen it done successfully. If you PM me, I'm happy to help.
 
First, I want to thank those who will take time to read this. Many more thanks for those with an encouraging word and gems of advice. Those with nothing good to say, please, now is not the time. Let us do that at another time over a beer. I mean "Humble sloth".

Several years ago, I was hounded out of a pharmacy school for a fictitious academic dismissal. I know some of you have their antannae up because 'a school cannot just do that'….well, with stiff competition to make money off pharmacy students, dont be surprised. But again, it is my story as I know it. I did not take the class that I allegedly failed, neither did the instructor of the class grade me. The grade used to hound me out was given by the dean. I was also forced through a charade of appeals to create a sense of fairness and was eventualy kicked out. Why the dean? Caught in a lie and embarassed before others. He got demoted after.

I reached out to ACPE (the accreditation body) to report the violated policies of this program. ACPE rebuked my complaints…and here I thought ACPE had a role of checking these schools…no? According to the institutional grievance policy, ACPE was the last stop.

Reading through and sharing with others, I found that ACPE followed (is required to) certain Federal Regulations when responding to complains. Something along the lines of equitably, fair and timely. Federal code 34 section 602. ACPE infact claims that it has an obligation to assure itself that programs it accredits operate honestly and frankly. It asks complainants to file complains in writing and in detail.
The first anonymous complaint touched on 5 violated policies - explained on 4 pages.

Here is ACPE's 'equitable, fair and timely response'

"….I have to wonder what is your source since all your complaint is second hand with no evidence of having tried to validate the things you charge. I doubt anything I can say or do will change your pre-conceived thoughts regarding ACPE's evaluations or findings…" At the time I found this very strange….what are they talking about? I had no pre-conceived thoughts. Shocked I was.

Second complain; ACPE insisted that the complainant be revealed or they would not investigate the school. Gave permission around noon and few hours later, the school had responded with over 30 pages justifying their position. Of course ACPE refused to let me see the over 30 pages (had to file FOIA to get them). ACPE again 'fairly, equitably and timely' responded:

"Preliminary inquiry shows the school was fair and followed it's laid down procedure. ACPE's is only obligated to ensure that the school follows it's policies and procedures" End of response.

Next, a friend adviced to head to the secretary of education: specifically Higher education accreditation Directorate. ACPE fowarded the over 30 pages to the department of education to 'show the students complaints lack merit'. Again the DoE also said 'it seems the procedure is fair' and refused to show the details.

So I filed a FOIA to see the 30 pages of fairness. Such lies and contradictions. My former dean lied so much, that if ACPE had only read the first 4 Pages, they would have see that they contradicted each other, were full of ommisions and fabrications. Or maybe they had no interest reading any of it. So much for investigation.

But that is not all, I had asked my represetative to look into it. The school/ACPE again persisted with the lies. This time ACPE embellished the lies with it's opinion. I have evidence.

My question is this:

Are there any protections that accrediting bodies have which allow them to misrepresent, encourage untruthful deans and ignore federal regulations? All the people I have talked to say; ACPE cannot be sued. Why not? I will probably find out soon, won't I.

Are they not misleading people into believing programs adhere to their regulations, when in reality, some do not. And ACPE has no way to verify that schools do what they claim, except by asking them. Why would a for-profit school incriminate itself? Where does critical thinking begin.

Anyone who has interacted with ACPE, PLEASE share here or in private. But members, please, feel free to talk.


There isn't enough info here to be able to give any solid advice. The only advice I can give is that if you're considering any sort of legal action against anyone in general, it isn't advisable to discuss it on a public board. Good luck.
 
From the syntax and vocabulary the OP used ("adviced", "Higher education accreditation Directorate", etc) I think s/he is an international student. I doubt any school would railroad such a cash cow. I'd sure like to hear the other side of the story.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There isn't enough info here to be able to give any solid advice. The only advice I can give is that if you're considering any sort of legal action against anyone in general, it isn't advisable to discuss it on a public board. Good luck.

Thanks for the concern. I have got a lot of helpful Ideas on these forums (by revealing just enough). If one can carefully sieve through the chaff, occasional gems come through. My experience has been that not all lawyers are good for my health/pocket either. I do tons of research on my own. I have problems when my own lawyer is too complacent and allows my opponents to suppress any negative evidence against them for instance. I will continue my research. Too many good leads come through. It is from these boards that I learned about the obligations of ACPE.
 
Well your other account is on hold---so that's a red flag. Seek professional (therapist) help...if this has been years and you haven't moved on.

Unfreeze your brain darling, did you read the opening line of my post? Hop along and stop obsessing on what other threads look like this one. Use your own advice, seek a therapist. Why is my pain hurting you? I can guarantee you, I am happier that your entire family could ever be. Wanna bet? Some of us simply have clear and focussed minds. It may have been years of research, getting around red tape and taking a stand. On that note, move along and find your next flaky project.
 
Unfreeze your brain darling, did you read the opening line of my post? Hop along and stop obsessing on what other threads look like this one. Use your own advice, seek a therapist. Why is my pain hurting you? I can guarantee you, I am happier that your entire family could ever be. Wanna bet? Some of us simply have clear and focussed minds. It may have been years of research, getting around red tape and taking a stand. On that note, move along and find your next flaky project.
You might want to change your status from "Pharmacy Student" to "Bitter." You are coming to this forum for advice, ignore the advice you don't want and focus on the ones that are helpful. Attacking posters on here makes you less likely to be helped.
 
Unfreeze your brain darling, did you read the opening line of my post? Hop along and stop obsessing on what other threads look like this one. Use your own advice, seek a therapist. Why is my pain hurting you? I can guarantee you, I am happier that your entire family could ever be. Wanna bet? Some of us simply have clear and focussed minds. It may have been years of research, getting around red tape and taking a stand. On that note, move along and find your next flaky project.

lol---look your post is full of bs. why would a school dismiss you for no reason and replace you with another student that pays the same tuition. it reeks of bs. it happened several years ago and you still haven't been able to make a case all these years...it's because you have no case. people on here are not stupid...your story does not add up. move on.
 
From: https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/lawsuit-against-pharmacy-school.1202012/

The assumption had been that because I was livid when I was dismissed, I was a keg powder waitung to explode. Well, I was angry because my school had lied to me, I trusted them, and when I registered discomfort with the lies, I was dismissed. Like a dog. Why would I be angry at a random attorney who is just trying to do his work?

I get the feeling that OP was dismissed for behavioral issues.

I wonder if he did anything frightening.