Pharmacy Intern Questions

Started by Digsbe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Digsbe

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently an Early Decision applicant for a pharmacy school and I have some questions regarding pharmacy internships.

Is it possible to obtain an internship license once you are accepted to a pharmacy school? Or would I have to wait until I am white coated and classes begin in 2012? If the latter is true, can you work as a technician but have the pharmacy manager file the paperwork necessary to consider your tech hours as pharmacy experience hours with my pharmacy school?

I have a pharmacy technicians license and I am HIPAA certified. To obtain an intern license would I need to undergo HIPAA certification again? I live in Tennessee and my top school I am applying to during the ED cycle is in Tennessee. If anyone has knowledge about interning in Tennessee or other states it would be much appreciated 🙂
 
Above is correct you are considered an intern once you have letter of acceptance. Check your local laws!
 
I am currently an Early Decision applicant for a pharmacy school and I have some questions regarding pharmacy internships.

Is it possible to obtain an internship license once you are accepted to a pharmacy school? Or would I have to wait until I am white coated and classes begin in 2012? If the latter is true, can you work as a technician but have the pharmacy manager file the paperwork necessary to consider your tech hours as pharmacy experience hours with my pharmacy school?

I have a pharmacy technicians license and I am HIPAA certified. To obtain an intern license would I need to undergo HIPAA certification again? I live in Tennessee and my top school I am applying to during the ED cycle is in Tennessee. If anyone has knowledge about interning in Tennessee or other states it would be much appreciated 🙂

See this: http://health.state.tn.us/Downloads/Pharm_Interns.pdf