Pharmacy internship in California

Started by cgfpharm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cgfpharm

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Does anybody know whether the State of California Board of Pharmacy would accept employment as a pharmacy technician as internship hours?
I am a foreign graduate of pharmacy, already certified by the FPGEC and already with a intern pharmacist license in California but it has been hard to find an internship position I could apply for. The board requires 1500 hours of internship for those that have never had a license in the US before. I cannot apply to pharmacy intern grad positions because I will not be able to get licensed as a pharmacist in 90 days. I also cannot apply to a regular intern position because I am not anymore enrolled in a school of pharmacy.
I was offered a pharmacy technician position at a retail pharmacy and they told me they could sign my affidavit of internship hours which would be accepted by the board of pharmacy. However, I do not know if that would work out fine and I am pretty sure they have strong conflict of interests so I should not trust them blindly.
I tried to contact the State of California Board of Pharmacy over this question, but they do not answer phone calls and I feel they will not answer my email also.
 
Last edited: