Pharmacy interview on Zoom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PharmD2024

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have 4 interviews this April in 4 pharmacy schools (Southern California), and they are all setting on Zoom app. Anyone has done this type of the online interview like this at this moment? I am just so anxious how does it work? :( I will have an interview with WesternU this week. :(((
Thank you so much. and Have a great day everyone. :)

Members don't see this ad.

It is about how you would imagine it.

You'll receive a zoom-link that will then give you the option to join a discussion group with / without video chat (of course you would want the video chat). This will direct you into a main lobby that filters in all the other students getting interviewed. You'll receive instructions and be oriented to different "breakout rooms." What will happen is that you will be assigned to another discussion group and be given an icon directing you into the next virtual room that will either have just you being interviewed or a small handful of your future colleagues going through workshops (orientation, get to know the faculty, ask current students questions, then of course the one-on-one interview). Depending on the size of those being interviewed you could be manually moved from one setting to another.

Yes, you must dress professionally. Each break out room discussion will have a specific time availability before you are introduced to the next faculty member. Once you get started it'll be simple to follow. For the majority of current students (mine included) zoom is how we currently communicate for the time being. Just be sure you log on 10-15 minutes prior to your scheduled time to make sure your connection is working properly.

You only have to dress professionally up top. They can't see below the desk so you can have pajama pants and comfy slippers on.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The value of the in person interview for the interviewer is to see how much people will squirm when pushed when face-to-face

As far as the interviewee, what about tours and speaking to current students? Who cares. Get dat $200k

I did one online interview in 2016. Its really not that special and you will answer the same questions as always

Who cares. Interviews are a formality at this point

Who cares. Interviews are a formality at this point

Seriously. Do they even reject any applicants after the interview anymore? Maybe they did back in 2005.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.