Pharmacy jobs in Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackberrypatch

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! What are some good places to work in retail in Canada? I've read threads about Walgreens, CVS, Target, Krogers, etc. but what about Canadian stores? Safeway, Superstore, Shopper's Drug Mart, etc?

Are there sign on bonuses, if so should one accept them for more than a one year commitment?

Are there drive through's?? I've never seen one.

Target seems like a good place to work. I think it's sort of like Zellers, Sears, or the Bay, right? Would they be good places to work also?

All the adviced about benefits (vacation/sick days, overtime, etc.) stands, I think. For retail there's not overtime pay as high as time and a half right? Also, how easy is it to get a job as a pharmacist in Canada? In the US it seems like there's great demand.

If one were to go to the US after finishing pharmacist studies in Canada (I'm from BC, so English curriculum), is there an internship of 1600 hours? I read in another post that Rite Aid would help Canadian pharmacists get US licenses and so forth, is that still true? Finally, are there some places in the US with decent work demand and four seasons? Hopefully with a low cost of living? ;) Thanks for all you help!

Members don't see this ad.