Pharmacy License in USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tnel

tnel
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am Pharmacist working in India, and I would like to know the process I could be eligible to get a Job in USA as a pharmacist.
I know I should be taking Phamacy license in USA, but need to know the exams I need to pass to get to it.
Also I had taken masters in Pharmacy , but doesnt have a Visa to come over.
So could someone guide me to get me the exact process to get to my Goal.

Thanks in advance for your guidance !!!

Members don't see this ad.

If you graduated after 2003 then you will need to attend pharmacy school in the US as the pharmacy degree here changed from a bachelors to a doctorate degree. If you graduated before 2003 then you need to take the Tofel, FPGEE, NAPLEX, MPJE and complete the required intern hours in the state you want to practice.
In terms of a Visa to come work here, I think it may be difficult because currently there is no shortage of pharmacists in the US, and therefore many companies will not sponsor a work Visa. You would need to contact different retail outlets here that run pharamcies to find out if they would sponsor a work visa.

Hi,

I am Pharmacist working in India, and I would like to know the process I could be eligible to get a Job in USA as a pharmacist.
I know I should be taking Phamacy license in USA, but need to know the exams I need to pass to get to it.
Also I had taken masters in Pharmacy , but doesnt have a Visa to come over.
So could someone guide me to get me the exact process to get to my Goal.

Thanks in advance for your guidance !!!

Sorry pal, there is no jobs in the USA either...Why would u wanna waste your time coming to the US and go back home?