Pharmacy Magazine/Publication - what's a good one that I can subscribe to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabapharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a pre-pharmacy student looking to increase my breadth of the field. I already work as a pharmacy technician, but I want to look at a magazine or some sort of publication that might better enlighten me as to what the current issues are in the field. What is a good pharmacist oriented or pre-pharmacy oriented magazine or publication (even if online) that might be helpful? I know there are many that pharmacists subscribe to that are quite expensive...does anyone know of any good ones geared for pre-pharmacy students that are relatively affordable for a college student? Are any of you subscribed to some useful ones?

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm a pre-pharmacy student looking to increase my breadth of the field. I already work as a pharmacy technician, but I want to look at a magazine or some sort of publication that might better enlighten me as to what the current issues are in the field. What is a good pharmacist oriented or pre-pharmacy oriented magazine or publication (even if online) that might be helpful? I know there are many that pharmacists subscribe to that are quite expensive...does anyone know of any good ones geared for pre-pharmacy students that are relatively affordable for a college student? Are any of you subscribed to some useful ones?

Drug Topics is a pretty good one. You can read it for free online. You can also elect to get email newsletters with little snippets of the articles' content.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check your school's library or the local public library. They may have a good selection of periodicals, including health journals. I know my college had JAMA, a few nursing journals, psych, and others. They didn't have one specifically for pharmacy, but normally each of those others would contain an article or two about a drug or treatment.

Once you're accepted you can join one of the national pharmacy organizations whose membership comes with a pharmacy journal. ASHP has JSHP and APhA has JPhA, AMCP has JMCP. Student membership is generally inexpensive, though not Free like pharmacy times, which is probably more generalized and an easier read.

Another one is Pharmacist's Letter. I don't know how much a subscription is (Wal-Mart bought everyone in our school a student membership), but I'm sure a student won't have to pay much.
http://www.pharmacistsletter.com/(S(zvjepb55yptoui55jlyxtka2))/home.aspx?tab=3