Pharmacy Manager for Walmart or Omnicare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arminios

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
A fresh graduate here is looking for some advice. I got a job offers from Walmart and Omnicare, both for a Pharmacy manager position and I'm having a hard time deciding on which one to go for...If anyone can give me some insight or direction would be appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently saw an opening for pharmacy manager at Omnicare. I'm currently pharmacy manager at CVS retail, thinking of making the move. What would be the responsibilities of pharmacy manager at Omnicare? And how is it compare to retail?

I think Omnicare is going through some significat restructuring - I heard they were bought out by a competitor - so just be aware and ensure your location won't be eliminated - I don't know a lot about this field, just heard from a friend.

Other than that - omnicare hands down is better work than walgreens

Your friend works at Omnicare?
I think Omnicare is going through some significat restructuring - I heard they were bought out by a competitor - so just be aware and ensure your location won't be eliminated - I don't know a lot about this field, just heard from a friend.

Other than that - omnicare hands down is better work than walgreens

Would you or your friend knows what are the responsibilities of the pharmacy managers are at Omnicare? I know that they have a PIC which oversees the pharmacy managers.

Would you or your friend knows what are the responsibilities of the pharmacy managers are at Omnicare? I know that they have a PIC which oversees the pharmacy managers.
not a clue - assume it is what any manager does - manage the day to day operations, ensure compliance with rules and regulatiosn (USP 797, etc) - hire, fire, etc

I didn't know Omnicare hired new grads as PIC. Isn't it a LTC? I thought the term was pharmacy director. I can't imagine a bunch of old lifers listening to a 24 year old.

Being a manager at walmart is a LOT of work..

I was thinking of omnicare the home infusion company - maybe I am mixing up my companies - entirely possible

Our omnicare managers all left to go back to Walmart. Lasted maybe a year.

How do you feel about regularly laying people off?