You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pharmacy managers: how do you deal with your DM and immunization goals?
Started by Lnsean
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You want to super-size your prescription today with a Tdap sir? My employer's greedy corporate execs lust for your vaccine copay sir.
Im not a lazy person. I work. Its now to the point where I struggle to get 10 minutes to eat lunch. They can nag all they want to.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
May I suggest "ignore it"?
May I suggest "ignore it"?
Yeah I can tell you that this will be the next major push from CVS on high. Having a pharmacist acquire their own NPI number and performing vaccine reviews on every patient will be the future norm, get ready.
Yeah I can tell you that this will be the next major push from CVS on high. Having a pharmacist acquire their own NPI number and performing vaccine reviews on every patient will be the future norm, get ready.
This happened since 2011 already... for everyone I know who works in retail.
Ask the patient if they would like to be stuck in the arm and injected with something that has little data as to its efficacy and may harm them all in an effort to feed a billion dollar industry. Tell them they will be helping you keep your job. It's a win win.
Ask the patient if they would like to be stuck in the arm and injected with something that has little data as to its efficacy and may harm them .
I hope you're not spewing this BS to your patients...
It's not BS, I gave a Zostavax to a 75 year old patient last week, and he came down with autism. I feel kinda bad, but I met my quota for the week.I hope you're not spewing this BS to your patients...
Does anyone watch/read Natural News? I'm so confused now about vaccines.
Does anyone watch/read Natural News? I'm so confused now about vaccines.
really? vaccines have saved millions, what is there to be confused about
To the OP - I lost my prn job (I hated it anyway and it gave me a good reason to quit) because I wouldn't get my immunization cert (unpaid class on my own time), then 4 months later they called me wanting me back.
I hate CVS
Ask the patient if they would like to be stuck in the arm and injected with something that has little data as to its efficacy and may harm them all in an effort to feed a billion dollar industry.
I see you choose to derive your medical expertise from Jenny McCarthy instead of science. It's one thing to want corporate of your back hounding you to sell vaccines it's another to deny the unequivocal evidence for efficacy. With that statement you're a worse disgrace to pharmacy than the greedy uncontrolled expansion of our schools. Maybe try and pick up a biostats textbook and improve your skills evaluating data/trials or maybe a book on the foundations of logic and critical thinking.
I hope you're trolling. If not, please get you're sheit together.Does anyone watch/read Natural News? I'm so confused now about vaccines.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wasn't trolling. I'm generally confused after reading some of their stuff. I mean why don't they take out all the mercury and toxic metals from ALL the vaccines?
I didn't realize idiot anti-vaccers infiltrated the ranks of pharmacy. Your license to practice should be revoked ya freaking mongoloid.Show me the double-blind placebo controlled studies.
Show me the double-blind placebo controlled studies.
If you don't believe this, you are a *****. Should just quit your job.
I wasn't trolling. I'm generally confused after reading some of their stuff. I mean why don't they take out all the mercury and toxic metals from ALL the vaccines?
From the CDC:
"Thimerosal is a mercury-containing preservative used in some vaccines and other products since the 1930's. There is no convincing evidence of harm caused by the low doses of thimerosal in vaccines, except for minor reactions like redness and swelling at the injection site. However, in July 1999, the Public Health Service agencies, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and vaccine manufacturers agreed that thimerosal should be reduced or eliminated in vaccines as a precautionary measure."
Also"
"Since 2001, with the exception of some influenza (flu) vaccines, thimerosal is not used as a preservative in routinely recommended childhood vaccines."
The one study back in the day that loosely suggested a link between MMR and autism was later retracted from The Lancet for scientific fraud. I urge you, especially now that you are a graduate student representing this profession to learn statistics and how to evaluate scientific literature as well as how to identify credible sources. FYI, Natural News is not one. P.S. you don't want to end up an actual practicing pharmacist and be on the fence or hold idiotic views like Unchained over there. Unchained to methods of critical thinking and a basic understanding of biolit and vaccine trials is what it sounds like. You can't always ethically run a placebo group in some drug/vaccine trials you bloody ding dong. Holy Jeebus. What pharmacy program failed you?
I wasn't trolling. I'm generally confused after reading some of their stuff. I mean why don't they take out all the mercury and toxic metals from ALL the vaccines?
http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/
Product of LECOM if I remember from another thread.From the CDC:
"Thimerosal is a mercury-containing preservative used in some vaccines and other products since the 1930's. There is no convincing evidence of harm caused by the low doses of thimerosal in vaccines, except for minor reactions like redness and swelling at the injection site. However, in July 1999, the Public Health Service agencies, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and vaccine manufacturers agreed that thimerosal should be reduced or eliminated in vaccines as a precautionary measure."
Also"
"Since 2001, with the exception of some influenza (flu) vaccines, thimerosal is not used as a preservative in routinely recommended childhood vaccines."
The one study back in the day that loosely suggested a link between MMR and autism was later retracted from The Lancet for scientific fraud. I urge you, especially now that you are a graduate student representing this profession to learn statistics and how to evaluate scientific literature as well as how to identify credible sources. FYI, Natural News is not one. P.S. you don't want to end up an actual practicing pharmacist and be on the fence or hold idiotic views like Unchained over there. Unchained to methods of critical thinking and a basic understanding of biolit and vaccine trials is what it sounds like. You can't always ethically run a placebo group in some drug/vaccine trials you bloody ding dong. Holy Jeebus. What pharmacy program failed you?
Thanks for the chart. Is there a specific link that has and keeps the most updated charts/stats?
You can't run a comparison vs people who refuse to become vaccinated? Yet they refuse to do it. I love how we've resorted to name calling here. Also did I ever mention autism? I'll see your Jenny McCarthy and raise you Drs Andrew Wakefield and John Walker Smith. Do a little research then come back here.
Now that you bring it up. If there is no link then why did the federally funded Vaccine Injury Compensation board better known as the "vaccine court" award millions of dollars to two families whose children developed Autism Spectrum Disorder after receiving the MMR vaccine.
You can't run a comparison vs people who refuse to become vaccinated? Yet they refuse to do it. I love how we've resorted to name calling here. Also did I ever mention autism? I'll see your Jenny McCarthy and raise you Drs Andrew Wakefield and John Walker Smith. Do a little research then come back here.
Looked up both. WOW! They are both... *****s! Not surprising. I am sorry for your kids, for you to believe in their piece of sh1t so called "evidence". Hope your kids know better than their dad/mom (doubtful).
Looked up both. WOW! They are both... *****s! Not surprising. I am sorry for your kids, for you to believe in their piece of sh1t so called "evidence". Hope your kids know better than their dad/mom (doubtful).
Quiz time for you Momus. Who influences the CDC? More insults. It seems to be your only defense. For talking about money all the time it seems you underestimate it's influence and control. Very naïve.
Professional misconduct and falsified data? What point are you trying to make here? If anything, pro-vacc people should be bringing up those two frauds.and raise you Drs Andrew Wakefield and John Walker Smith.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I ignore Unchain most of these days. He never contributes anything useful....
Hes nothing more than an ogre, if not an out right troll....
Hes nothing more than an ogre, if not an out right troll....
How do you guys deal with your DM constantly nagging you over immunization goals? I mean it's not just flu shots...now they want 1 non-flu immunization a day!?? What the hell?
Is this at Wags? At CVS, they are pushing us to do more pneumonia and shingles shots. A lot of us "try" but nobody is really reaching their goals.
At my pharmacy, I ignore it. I will give it to a customer if they request it. I will ask a customer if they need the pneumonia shot during flu season if it is appropriate. However I focus mainly on flu...
I don't think we should vaccinate - I mean really, has polio and small pox every hurt anyone you know?
i've never been trained to give pneumonia shots, not from school or work, so i never offered. shingles is not available at our store.
read your protocol. pneumonia shots are IM, similar to flu shots
It doesn't matter. Compare the number of people with autism to the number of people who didn't die from vaccine-preventable diseases. Even if they were the sole cause of autism, they'd be worth giving.
This (and of course, the evidence strongly suggests that autism is triggered by several different things, not by any single thing.) Vaccines aren't without risks (that is why there is a vaccine injury court in the US), and I think sometimes medical professionals act like there are no risks to vaccines, just because they don't want their patients unduly worried. Unfortunately, this gives anti-vaccines people a change to act like pro-vaccine people are "hiding" the truth....which, of course, the anti-vaccine people make out to be much worse than the truth.
The truth is that vaccines have saved millions of lives. In addition to just saving lives, they have inproved the quality of life (even when people survived dreaded diseases like polio or whooping cough), they were often left with life-long effects from the disease.) Most unfortunately, there are some people who are injured by vaccines (just like there are some people who will die because they were wearing a seat belt in a car accident.) Even knowing the risks, wearing a seatbelt is much more likely to save a person's life, then to cause a death, and the same is absolutely true for vaccines.
I think the best way to deal with anti-vaccines people, is not to laugh or deny their fears, but to point out that in spite of any debatable risks of vaccines, the beneficial effect for them outweighs the risk. (and there are anti-vaccine people who claim that vaccines are ineffective, but there are plenty of studies showing that is not true. As well as common sense, I'm old enough to have been born right when vaccines were mainstream, but I had heard plenty of stories from family/friends about people who had died or were left with life-long effects from a dreaded disease. People in the newer generation often don't realize how many people died or were injured from the dreaded disease in the recent past--FAR more people then people who have autism or some other effect that they believe is linked to a vaccine.
I also think it would be good for scientists to do more research in learning ways to screen out people who would be at risk for a bad effect from a vaccine. Since there are studies showing certain chromosomal abnormalities in people with autism, I think it would be a good area of study to see if people with these chromosomal abnormalities are more likely to have a bad reaction to a vaccine. And if there is a link, would delaying vaccines (rather then completely avoiding them) lower the risk? I believe vaccines are a very good thing, but I also accept that people are individuals and can see in the future that there might be different recommendations for people based on their chromosomes or other factors.
Thank you for the paid advertisement brought to you by Big Pharma. I think they failed to mention the studies which supported his findings. I'm certain the money they are given has nothing to do with it.
If you don't believe this, you are a *****. Should just quit your job.
![]()
Mark Twain said there are lies, damn lies and statistics. One way efficacy is manipulated is by renaming diseases or choosing a different diagnosis. Smallpox cases are renamed Monkeypox. Also for example if a physician realizes a patient was vaccinated against whooping cough then their dx changes to croup because it cannot possible be pertussis. If they become aware that a patient was vaccinated against diphtheria then they conclude it can't be diphtheria it must be epiglottitis. Once again this chart is brought to you by a Big Pharma influenced CDC.
Oh my god! Is that why there's been a huge monkey pox outbreak in my area?! Monkey pox has been all over the news! Why hasn't someone else brought this up?Mark Twain said there are lies, damn lies and statistics. One way efficacy is manipulated is by renaming diseases or choosing a different diagnosis. Smallpox cases are renamed Monkeypox. Also for example if a physician realizes a patient was vaccinated against whooping cough then their dx changes to croup because it cannot possible be pertussis. If they become aware that a patient was vaccinated against diphtheria then they conclude it can't be diphtheria it must be epiglottitis. Once again this chart is brought to you by a Big Pharma influenced CDC.
It's not BS, I gave a Zostavax to a 75 year old patient last week, and he came down with autism. I feel kinda bad, but I met my quota for the week.
http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/
How else do you explain what happened to him?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can we not group all vaccines into the same value bin? I believe the zostavax example was to a 75yo and if you look up possible effectiveness there is a pretty sharp drop off in the mid 70s and 80 it's just useless. It's a LIVE virus...in a 75 year old....that may possibly sorta decrease the length of a shingles out break by a day and marginally reduce pain. They didn't give you that degree to be a sheep. Think for yourself.
Didn't get it.Can we not group all vaccines into the same value bin? I believe the zostavax example was to a 75yo and if you look up possible effectiveness there is a pretty sharp drop off in the mid 70s and 80 it's just useless. It's a LIVE virus...in a 75 year old....that may possibly sorta decrease the length of a shingles out break by a day and marginally reduce pain. They didn't give you that degree to be a sheep. Think for yourself.
Still didn't get it.
I work for Walgreens and fortunately, this is one of the goals we meet easily at my store. Today alone, I gave 6 shots ( 3 boostrix, 1 Hep A, 1 polio and 1 yellow fever vaccine) . We are a travel vaccines store and located very close of a lot oil and gas companies. There are some weeks we can easily do 30 non flu vaccines. They push the buck slip crap and we try to check off immunization on it but I don't think it helps anything. One way you can try to meet your quote is to visit all the OB/GYN in your area and let them know that you do boostrix at your store. 90% of the boostrix shots we give are to pregnant women and their family members.
Does Walgreens pay you to travel around and visit doctor offices on your day off?
Does Walgreens pay you to travel around and visit doctor offices on your day off?
The payment is not getting fired for not meeting your quotas.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 4K