Pharmacy or nursing school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grapefruit 77

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am a girl who will be graduating from high school soon, and I got into 5 year accelerated program for pharmacy and UC nursing school.
pharmacy school is $150,000 more expensive than nursing school.
So for this pharmacy school, after 5 years, I will become a pharm D graduate. people say pharmacists are super saturated and hard to find jobs, but others say nursing is a hard job.
My head hurts so much from thinking, and I wanted to hear other's opinions
Please help me!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Nursing is also very saturated. I would go the physician assistant, computer science, engineering, or finance routes.

Nursing is very saturated, it takes me a while to find a non-agency nursing job even after years of experience. Going to a UC for nursing will get you no more respect or job prospects than an associates degree in nursing from any community college. PharmD all the way unless your heart is with nursing, and if that's the case I'd recommend going to the quickest cheapest nursing program you can find.

Reactions: 1 user
There is a real advantage to not fast-tracking into any of these programs straight out of high school. How can you possibly know what you will like at 17 or 18 years old?

I'd be scared too if I was your age and contemplating a major life decision like this based only on what you hear from other people.

There's something to be said for working on the standard pre-reqs, and using that time to get a feel for what you would *actually like*. Getting your feet wet in any health care field can be tough at your early stage, but I'd very much encourage it. You do not want to find yourself at age 30, 35 wondering how much better things could have been if only you'd taken more opportunities to explore other options at an earlier age.

Reactions: 1 user