Pharmacy Ownership in Probation License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmEvo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks:
A friend of mine ask me this question and I am going to post here because I do not know about this. Please, if some one know about it, post the reply. I will appreciate it so much.

Can a RPh be an In-Charge of independent pharmacy or own a pharmacy on probation license in a state of Illinois?

Thanks and have a wonderful day

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No, you cannot be "pharmacist in charge" if your license is revoked or suspended:

(225 ILCS 85/16) (from Ch. 111, par. 4136)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2018)
Sec. 16. The Department shall require and provide for the licensure of every pharmacy doing business in this State. Such licensure shall expire 30 days after the pharmacist in charge dies or leaves the place where the pharmacy is licensed or after such pharmacist's license has been suspended or revoked.
In the event the designated pharmacist in charge dies or otherwise ceases to function in that capacity, or when the license of the pharmacist in charge has been suspended or revoked, the owner of the pharmacy shall be required to notify the Department, on forms provided by the Department, of the identity of the new pharmacist in charge.

First of thank you so much Megas for posting reply. I little bit confused here. When a pharmacist violate a law or anything against law, law enforcement department immediately suspend her or his license then after a fine or whatever the settlement his or her lawyer do, department put her or his license on probation for a certain time a year or two. So I am just wondering I know if license is suspended or revoked, pharmacist can not be in charge of a pharmacy but how about probation. I think its different than suspended or revoked license. I appreciate your reply.
Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Members don't see this ad :)
First of thank you so much Megas for posting reply. I little bit confused here. When a pharmacist violate a law or anything against law, law enforcement department immediately suspend her or his license then after a fine or whatever the settlement his or her lawyer do, department put her or his license on probation for a certain time a year or two. So I am just wondering I know if license is suspended or revoked, pharmacist can not be in charge of a pharmacy but how about probation. I think its different than suspended or revoked license. I appreciate your reply.
Thanks and have a wonderful day.

I couldn't find any hard rules concerning probationary status, but I didn't look into precedent trials. Can you check wih your state BOP or are you afraid of asking them? There's also an outstanding :thumbup:pharmacy law thread on SDN by All4myduaghter, a moderator, she might be able to give you specifics on probationary status in Illinois.

First of all, many many congrats for passing NAPLEX with great suc a great score, then thanks for the reply of my posting here. No I am not afraid to ask them because its not my case, but i think thats the best idea to ask them directly because they can give me specific answer but I am wondering why he is not asking them directly I think you are might be afraid off. Once again thanks for the reply.
Have a wonderful day

Last edited: