Pharmacy pre-requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snake3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I graduated from school in 2006. I have decided to apply to pharmacy school next year. Could you please tell me what are the pre-requirements and how is the application process (i.e. does it go through a centralized system)? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

The very first thing is that you have to know what schools you want to apply to. Most schools go through PharmCAS to submit their applications, because that particular school chooses to. Some schools have their own applications and you have to apply directly to the school. Know what schools you want to attend and get a list of prerequisites for each individual school. Each school has different requirements. Like I said, start with narrowing down your schools, do your research, and go from there. Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to www.pharmcas.org and look at the school pages. They all list the prerequisites. There's some variation, but you probably won't get out of taking o chem.