Pharmacy Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Best of luck. Maybe an MBA (online) would be something you should consider. Many of my peers have completed one and seem to be able to find a deeper niche in their fields. Thank you for your correspondence. :)

On-line MBA's are as equivalent to a on-site top-ranked school MBA, as a GED is equivalent to a high school diploma. On-line MBA's & GED's are meaningful, and having one is better than not having one......but in the real world of opportunity, high school diploma's are looked on more favorably than GED's, and the best reason to get an MBA is by the networking connections one will make by doing so, and those will be much more helpful by getting an MBA from as a high a rank school one can get (with on-line MBA's being the lowest rank.)

On-line MBA's are as equivalent to a on-site top-ranked school MBA, as a GED is equivalent to a high school diploma. On-line MBA's & GED's are meaningful, and having one is better than not having one......but in the real world of opportunity, high school diploma's are looked on more favorably than GED's, and the best reason to get an MBA is by the networking connections one will make by doing so, and those will be much more helpful by getting an MBA from as a high a rank school one can get (with on-line MBA's being the lowest rank.)

I don't dispute the likelihood that you are the bee's knees of analogies, but, in terms of what the pharmacist who posted the original question's goals are, it's hard to say. If she's looking to change his/her career completely, then yes I'd say FT MBA is way to go. But she said that her goal was to get an MBA and not become necessarily a Pharm Manager- I'm assuming she has still some affinity for the field or still wants to work while doing the MBA. Need more info. Thank you for your correspondence.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user