Pharmacy saying to early for refill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllahSnackbar

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago. I have started taking 5mg hydrocodone on the 13th. I was rXed 40 pills take 1 every 4 hours as needed. 1 refill. Today is the 19th and I have 4 pills left. Which is enough for about half the day. The pharmacy is telling me it's to early for a refill without any explanation. I do not understand what the problem is or how they can't manage primitive math Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

I have just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago. I have started taking 5mg hydrocodone on the 13th. I was rXed 40 pills take 1 every 4 hours as needed. 1 refill. Today is the 19th and I have 4 pills left. Which is enough for about half the day. The pharmacy is telling me it's to early for a refill without any explanation. I do not understand what the problem is or how they can't manage primitive math Please help.

Ask the pharmacy on how many day supply did they bill. It should be 6 or 7 day supply for 40 tabs.

Reactions: 1 user
A lot of times certain technicians do not put in the correct day supply. If you have a problem usually the pharmacist would be more than happy to help and clarify.

SDN is not for medical advice. Please either speak to the pharmacist or the prescribing provider if you have any questions.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.