Pharmacy School Abroad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessicaholland1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone applied to any schools overseas. I'm in the process of trying to decide where to apply now and was considering it, but I'm not really sure how it works. I studied abroad in london during undergrad and would lovvvvve to go back. Anyone have any info about how to apply to schools abroad? or if it's possinle to work in the US after going to school in the UK (or another english speaking school)?

Members don't see this ad.

This is definitely one of the more difficult routes to take to become a US licensed pharmacist.

I didn't do it, but I do know some who have come from other countries as licensed pharmacists & the process is tedious, time consuming & expensive. It all depends on what the restrictions are of the state you are looking to come back to. If you want that info - all the requirements for foreign pharmacists are online at each state's website.

I'm sure it would be fun & different, but practically, the education, scope of practice & even the drugs are different - even between the UK & US.