Pharmacy school chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doomslayer527

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay guys I recently graduated with my bachelors degree in health science with a whopping 2.47 cumulative gpa. I have not taken organic chem 1 or 2, biochem 1, biology 1 or 2, speech, calculus, or microeconomics. I am taking those pre reqs at a CC right now those being orgo 1 with a lab and biology 1 with a lab. I am trying to get into pharmacy school by 2018 of fall. I have no pharmacy experience. I am black. Have not taken the pcat yet either. What are my chances at any schools guys? And if any chance which schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. Here my two cents.
With the information provided as of now, you have little chance of getting into a top pharmacy school, but you have an okay chance of getting into a private pharmacy school. But you can change that.

Work hard. Use the missing pre-requisites to increase your GPA, especially this semester. Pharmacy schools will notice you have the drive to improve.
Get experience in the pharmacy. It's absolutely crucial to get experience so you can determine if pharmacy is the right profession for you. Also pharmacy schools definitely looks at experience.
Get a good PCAT score. This will increase your chances. Since you have not taken organic chem, you may need to spend more time studying those concepts.
During the application process, spend time on your personal statements and essays. Providing information about your life can provide context for pharmacy schools to decide whether to invite you for an interview or not.

Overall, work hard now. You dug yourself a small hole, but you got a year to dig yourself out. I wish you luck!