Pharmacy school dress

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shovingit

well, well, well
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread was inspired by some posts on the Nova Here I Come thread.

What is the dress like at pharm schools? I am used to bummin' it up for the last 4 yrs with my basketball shorts and gameday t-shirts. Seems like this doesn't quite fit in at pharm school.

Is the dress code just understood, and does everyone abide by it or are there some people who still wear their pj's?

Members don't see this ad.

Shovingit said:
This thread was inspired by some posts on the Nova Here I Come thread.

What is the dress like at pharm schools? I am used to bummin' it up for the last 4 yrs with my basketball shorts and gameday t-shirts. Seems like this doesn't quite fit in at pharm school.

Is the dress code just understood, and does everyone abide by it or are there some people who still wear their pj's?

At UF the primary dress is shorts and flip-flops. When we are required to dress professionally in class (like pharmacotherapy), then we wear lab coats over our shorts & flip-flops.

We dress business casual when we're out on rotations, health screenings, etc. In class, you just want to be comfortable.

At my school you can pretty much wear whatever you want. Most everyone wears the same kind of stuff the would have in undergrad. We do have to dress up sometimes if we have special guest speakers or are going to a rotation site etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
depends on the school...
each one has a dress code (i'm sure) it will depend on how strict it is and if they decide to enforce it or not

I just got back from Cincinnati and they don't have a dress code :D
You only have to wear your white coat to labs.

dgroulx said:
At UF the primary dress is shorts and flip-flops. When we are required to dress professionally in class (like pharmacotherapy), then we wear lab coats over our shorts & flip-flops.

We dress business casual when we're out on rotations, health screenings, etc. In class, you just want to be comfortable.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LOL, I am so happy to be back in Fl.
This is how I remember undergrad in Miami. Except I would bring a change of shoes for Lab.
I love Flip-Flops! :love:

Dress code at my school is pretty serious... professional dress all days. We don't have to wear our white coat except for practicals, but its still a pain. Some people don't adhere completely, but no one would show up in jeans or anything like a t shirt...
They think it makes us act more professional... maybe, maybe not, but it sure is a pain!

chloejane said:
Dress code at my school is pretty serious... professional dress all days. We don't have to wear our white coat except for practicals, but its still a pain. Some people don't adhere completely, but no one would show up in jeans or anything like a t shirt...
They think it makes us act more professional... maybe, maybe not, but it sure is a pain!

What school is that?

U at Buffalo is laid back. Pretty much anything goes on normal days. Professional dress for compounding lab and clinical practice and any other stuff like taht

At my school, they keep adding days for which we have to dress up. Our dean is very big on professionalism. (Reasoning - if you are dressed up you are more likely to be professional.)