Pharmacy school interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacy_hopeful

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a pharmacy interview coming up very soon that I'm fretting over constantly. Does anyone know how significantly the interview factors into overall admissions decisions (I know different schools probably treat them more or less importantly)? I have a 4.0 in my prerequisites and a 98 composite score on the PCAT and I'm wondering whether these factors may make up for (worst case scenario) a poor interview performance. Obviously I still intend to perform as well as I possibly can, though I might feel better if I knew other parts of my admissions profile were able to cushion weaker areas (like a less than stellar interview).

I understand if this may be hard or even impossible to answer given differences between schools. Has anyone else had a not-so-great interview experience and still been accepted to that program?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you got an interview, that school is seriously considering you as a student. As long as you don't royally screw up (ex. verbally putting yourself down, having very poor communication skills, dancing on the tables naked, etc etc) , you'll be fine.

With your stats, they want to see you have minimal communication skills. You’d really have to do something off-putting to lose a slot.

Yes, interview carries a lot of weight in the decision. With better than average academic performance such as yours, your already placed in a good position. Relax and be engaged...you’ll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you got an interview, that school is seriously considering you as a student. As long as you don't royally screw up (ex. verbally putting yourself down, having very poor communication skills, dancing on the tables naked, etc etc) , you'll be fine.
Completely agree. The interview (at least mine) was more like a conversation. Of course they are going to ask you "why pharmacy" and you need a good answer. Dont ever mention pay of course.

With those stats, you will definitely get in even if your interview wasn't very great.