Pharmacy school is expensive but...armed robbery?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

psychoandy

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltimore_city/bal-md.ci.shooting28mar28,0,5234060.story

I mean, the story in and of itself is ridiculous...a dude fights off a robber, and said dude manages to kill himself in the process with the robber's shotgun. But the weirder part is..."[the robber] told homicide detectives that he was trying to steal money to pay his rent and for pharmacy school"

Interest rates are ridiculous but uh...I mean, being a con man or bookmaking or other illegal ways to make money is one way to pay for school, but uh, armed robbery? seriously?
 
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltimore_city/bal-md.ci.shooting28mar28,0,5234060.story

I mean, the story in and of itself is ridiculous...a dude fights off a robber, and said dude manages to kill himself in the process with the robber's shotgun. But the weirder part is..."[the robber] told homicide detectives that he was trying to steal money to pay his rent and for pharmacy school"

Interest rates are ridiculous but uh...I mean, being a con man or bookmaking or other illegal ways to make money is one way to pay for school, but uh, armed robbery? seriously?


This story is crazy! Is he currently a pharmacy student, or saving up for pharmacy school? The article isn't really clear on that.
 
I think tuition is just crazy! Without loans, many of us would never be able to pay for school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you ever seen The Wire?

notes.gif

The farmer in the dell
The farmer in the dell
Hi-ho, the derry-o
The farmer in the dell
notes.gif


*Blam, Blam*
 
Man, I dont blame the guy....

I just registered for 1 summer course (6 credits) and it cost me $1,300

THIRTEEN HUNDRED!!!!! Thats for 1 course, absolute scam.
 
I think the protagonist in "Breaking Bad" has the right idea. I am hooked! (On the show, not Crystal Meth...) 😀
 
I have big money needs for tuition...

Does anyone know any good "loan forgiveness programs" that companies have..

I know safeway has one, but does anyone have experience with it?

Im just scared they will make me move to some really small place!
 
I have big money needs for tuition...

Does anyone know any good "loan forgiveness programs" that companies have..

I know safeway has one, but does anyone have experience with it?

Im just scared they will make me move to some really small place!

if you're truly serious, the Military will pay all of your loans back (pretty much anyway)