Pharmacy School Life for Guys

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dumbguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey how lucky can you be if you're a guy going to pharmacy school,especially when the females outnumber the guys.

just a question for the guys who are going to pharmacy school right now. Are the girls fighting over you? Do you even have time for them?

just curious because in my last interview, I noticed alot of girls were giving me the look.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Not as lucky one might think. At least not in my class, in which more than half of the girls are either engaged or married. There are only very few single girls in my class. Of course, it doesn't help when the guys outnumber the girls (55%/45%, i think).

Not as lucky one might think. At least not in my class, in which more than half of the girls are either engaged or married. There are only very few single girls in my class. Of course, it doesn't help when the guys outnumber the girls (55%/45%, i think).

This explains Caverject's "warm soapy water" comment a few months ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
My class is mostly females, but there are a fair number of men. I'm not looking (married for almost 6 years) but if I was, I wouldn't look twice at some of the guys in my class. Why, you ask?

I sat between two VERY HOT young men the other day. Both are very handsome, work out a lot, seem pretty smart. But one obviously hadn't showered and the other needed to make the acquaintance of a toothbrush and some listerine. GROSS. This is not something I or many women will overlook...

So, I think the hookups are there in pharmacy school but you have to work for them just like you work for them elsewhere. Scarcity alone isn't going to get you a women if you REEK, are a slob, or act like a fool. Good luck! :luck:

My class is mostly females, but there are a fair number of men. I'm not looking (married for almost 6 years) but if I was, I wouldn't look twice at some of the guys in my class. Why, you ask?

I sat between two VERY HOT young men the other day. Both are very handsome, work out a lot, seem pretty smart. But one obviously hadn't showered and the other needed to make the acquaintance of a toothbrush and some listerine. GROSS. This is not something I or many women will overlook...

So, I think the hookups are there in pharmacy school but you have to work for them just like you work for them elsewhere. Scarcity alone isn't going to get you a women if you REEK, are a slob, or act like a fool. Good luck! :luck:

Oh you have got to love Kentucky. :)

Pharmacy school is furn for guys. That's all I have to say about that.

I believe my class has a ration 6:4 between female:male. However, most of the female population are either 1. Married or 2.Engaged. The remain single ones are either 1. Have a problem with guys (don't trust guys, just broke up...) or 2. have a problem with being noticed (not so good looking, turn off personality,etc...). So yeah, don't expect too much from ur classmates.

I believe my class has a ration 6:4 between female:male. However, most of the female population are either 1. Married or 2.Engaged. The remain single ones are either 1. Have a problem with guys (don't trust guys, just broke up...) or 2. have a problem with being noticed (not so good looking, turn off personality,etc...). So yeah, don't expect too much from ur classmates.

Sounds like you don't got "Game." :smuggrin:

Lots of MARRIED girls and girls that want to HAVE A BABY/BABIES and STAY AT HOME or work PART-TIME when they graduate. But they are SMOKIN' HOT!

True dat! Bring on the P1's, I say! With the ratio of 7 single girls to 1 old guy haha!!

Our class at MWU-cpg is about 50:50. Most of the girls have boyfriends/fiances/husbands. There are a few girls in the class that aren't hitched, but they're not all that good looking. Sorry, don't get your hopes up. Actually, don't date within your class. It's a bad policy. I'd say that most of the guys are hitched too. The ones that are "hitched" aren't that hot either. You're not gonna find supermodels here.....

This post sent me into fits of laughter. I don't know about you guys, but haven't you heard of dormcest? Same principle IMO considering that at my school, you have the same classes in mostly the same room everyday for 3 years. I don't particularly feel inclined to hook up with girls in my class only to see them in class all the time...it's too much potential dramarama for me to handle.

Members don't see this ad :)
just remember how girls interact with each other, which means they all talk. So if you hook up with one, most of the others are going to know. Just don't screw one of them over. But in general there are alot of opportunities to be had.

This post sent me into fits of laughter. I don't know about you guys, but haven't you heard of dormcest? Same principle IMO considering that at my school, you have the same classes in mostly the same room everyday for 3 years. I don't particularly feel inclined to hook up with girls in my class only to see them in class all the time...it's too much potential dramarama for me to handle.

Exactly. If you wanna date somebody from your class or even school - do that toward the end of the school 3rd 4th years, coz if things go south, you wouldn't have to see them too often or for too long.

One of the essentials of being a pharmacy school player:

Don't play and try to lay where you must stay!!

As others have said it is bad policy. Go after other classes or professional programs. Also, go after a less than attractive girl and treat her well and get her to break up with you. So, then when the really attractive girls here that you dated someone less than attractive and she was bad to you (spin the relationship in your favor) and dumped you. They will let their guard down and go in for the kill. However, you can only date in a certain population for the word has spread and you must prey else where. Also, girls like the bad boy or flawed boy they can fix. So, show some weakness and really need her help. It will make her feel wanted and you are in. Of course, ladies will deny this claim, but it happens all to often to be untrue. They are always the one that can change him!

Lastly, only date within your class at the end of the program or if you have the skills of a plummer! Now, that's something you want the ladies talking about! You will be amazed at the attention one can receive, or at least that is what "my friend" has told me.

Personally, I do not know things of such a nature I have described above. My information is only through random conversations and tales, or is it? Ladies also love the mysterious guy.

Good luck! and Happy Hunting!!

I think I just vomited a little in my mouth...

Our class is about 60/40 girls/guys...and I must say as a single woman..there isn't much to choose from. All these pharmacy guys are so weird! There are like maybe a handful of attractive men and they are all engaged or have girlfirends. The rest are all just odd or have hygiene problems (as All4MyDaughter noted as well). I've resorted to looking at the other programs here DO, PT, OT, etc...some HOTPT guys. ;)

hey how lucky can you be if you're a guy going to pharmacy school,especially when the females outnumber the guys.

just a question for the guys who are going to pharmacy school right now. Are the girls fighting over you? Do you even have time for them?

just curious because in my last interview, I noticed alot of girls were giving me the look.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't ever get any looks, but that's been an issue all my life... I'm quite average and without "game," so it's all my problem! Oh well, I suppose I'll figure it out one day... :laugh:

Also, go after a less than attractive girl and treat her well and get her to break up with you.

you can't really get her to break up with you if you treat her well. treat her well and she'll be expecting a ring in no time! :thumbdown: :laugh:

you guys should be going after the MD, DO, DDS girls, and find a suga mama! :thumbup: :D

One of the essentials of being a pharmacy school player:

Don't play and try to lay where you must stay!!

As others have said it is bad policy. Go after other classes or professional programs. Also, go after a less than attractive girl and treat her well and get her to break up with you. So, then when the really attractive girls here that you dated someone less than attractive and she was bad to you (spin the relationship in your favor) and dumped you. They will let their guard down and go in for the kill. However, you can only date in a certain population for the word has spread and you must prey else where. Also, girls like the bad boy or flawed boy they can fix. So, show some weakness and really need her help. It will make her feel wanted and you are in. Of course, ladies will deny this claim, but it happens all to often to be untrue. They are always the one that can change him!

Lastly, only date within your class at the end of the program or if you have the skills of a plummer! Now, that's something you want the ladies talking about! You will be amazed at the attention one can receive, or at least that is what "my friend" has told me.

Personally, I do not know things of such a nature I have described above. My information is only through random conversations and tales, or is it? Ladies also love the mysterious guy.

Good luck! and Happy Hunting!!

by The PharmD Todd

you guys should be going after the MD, DO, DDS girls, and find a suga mama! :thumbup: :D

Totally, follow SDN, DDS+PharmD=MD. Who could ask for a family that makes bank and who's kid (if she specializes in Geratrics:smuggrin: ) can look after you when you get old.

I would love to do that.

On a somewhat unrelated note, for the record, I have yet to meet any unattractive female PT's at my hospital. And for some reason they wear white coats all the time, moreso than the MDs. Totally hot. Of course, my school's PT program is nowhere near as good looking and is twice as dumb...

just remember how girls interact with each other, which means they all talk. So if you hook up with one, most of the others are going to know. Just don't screw one of them over. But in general there are alot of opportunities to be had.

haha.... so what are u suppose to do. Have some fun and make sure no one gets hurts?

Pharmacy girls - you really don't want to piss em off.

I've become aware of something alarming since the semester started. Guys aren't the only ones with hygeine problems. I sit in front of a girl some days who is surrounded by a cloud of Dragon Breath. It can be pretty bad depending on what direction the ventilation system is sucking air or if it's one of those lectures that make people sigh a lot.

That's all - just wanted to share. :)

I've become aware of something alarming since the semester started. Guys aren't the only ones with hygeine problems. I sit in front of a girl some days who is surrounded by a cloud of Dragon Breath. It can be pretty bad depending on what direction the ventilation system is sucking air or if it's one of those lectures that make people sigh a lot.

That's all - just wanted to share. :)

Definitely...they can have other problems as well. There is a girl in my row who uses hand lotion in class, which would be OK if it didn't smell like DEEP WOODS OFF. She says it helps her stay awake. Yeah, you and the rest of us, brat!

Totally, follow SDN, DDS+PharmD=MD. Who could ask for a family that makes bank and who's kid (if she specializes in Geratrics:smuggrin: ) can look after you when you get old.

Try & tell that to the kid:eek: !

Also.....she seems to like the other coast....go figure:rolleyes: .

But....in my husbands class, there were 4 DDS/PharmD marriages (all still married, I might add) - no not all in my class.

In my class....2 PharmD/DDS, 1 PharmD/MD, 1 PharmD/BSN, 1 PharmD/Dental Hygiene & 1 PharmD/PhD - I can't count the # of dual pharmacist couples - but only 2 occurred while in school.

I wasn't expecting much although I've heard all the stories of girl/guy ratios being 4:1. This saved myself the disappointment when I walked into class and found the ratio being 1:1. On top of that... they aint good lookin. My school sucks.

Definitely...they can have other problems as well. There is a girl in my row who uses hand lotion in class, which would be OK if it didn't smell like DEEP WOODS OFF. She says it helps her stay awake. Yeah, you and the rest of us, brat!

:laugh: Nothing like the smell of DEET in the morning! Is it that reeking synthetic-watermelon lotion that everybody seems to be slathering on these days (at least in my class)? I'm guessing not, that smell fades pretty quickly.

:laugh: Nothing like the smell of DEET in the morning! Is it that reeking synthetic-watermelon lotion that everybody seems to be slathering on these days (at least in my class)? I'm guessing not, that smell fades pretty quickly.

I don't know what it is except NASTY. But this chick has no manners anyway. She is good looking but extremely annoying.

haha.... so what are u suppose to do. Have some fun and make sure no one gets hurts?

Pharmacy girls - you really don't want to piss em off.

just make sure you are carefull is all, overall I have hooked up with 3 different ones in my class.

just make sure you are carefull is all, overall I have hooked up with 3 different ones in my class.

Nothing like a girl who's pissed, PMSing, and knows exactly what drugs can do to someone. No better person to lace Ex-lax brownies. Or worse, GHB+embarrassing pictures you never knew got taken :smuggrin: .

how about coconut hand lotion that smells like she ate too many potatoes and needed to run to the bathroom ... :eek:

Take my advice. Go after the girls in dental school or medical school. No inter-class fun time. Someone in another class, say you're a P-3, she's p-1, that's fine, too. Just trust me on this one....

just say no to pharmcest!

I will be going to pharmacy school soon. Do females outnumber males by a considerable margin or is it all a myth? I think I would be distracted in my classes if it were all females.

I have an english class right now with almost ALL females. Most of them very attractive, talk about a distraction....

It was exactly 2:1 in my class. But you'll find that they will all be engaged already. I had to go find me one before she got into pharmacy school. Remember, women are like parking spaces, the only good ones left are handicapped. Arrive early and you might get a good one. Solution: Hit on the prepharmacy girls. They'll be impressed with your amazing pharmacy nerd powers. Maybe. I dunno.

Actually, girls are like hurricanes. They come wet and wild, sweeping you off your feet and leave you in the dust, taking away your car and home. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbup:

Sadly, I have no pharmacy nerd powers like all the other pharmacy school students, ergo I don't know how to use them. But then again, I'm not a real pharmacy school student. Admitting me was a dire mistake on their part.

Hence the decision not to substitute ergot for ergo just for the fun of it. Of course some of us enjoy drug puns more than others. And I've already got my girl anyway so it doesn't matter how cheesy they are anymore.

I just wanna meet a good looking chick, who doesn't complain when I want to study all the time, and who won't spend all my loan money. You think that's feasible?

I just wanna meet a good looking chick, who doesn't complain when I want to study all the time, and who won't spend all my loan money. You think that's feasible?

I don't know. I'm watching some of my classmates suffer through complaining partners/spouses. The cell phones of my study mates start going off at about 6 PM and I can hear the whining from the other end. "When are you coming home? Why can't we have dinner together? I wanna have a baby!" If your girlfriend is independent and has her own rich life, it could work out - but I'm starting to think that pharm school is toxic for many relationships. I'm so glad to be single.

I'd go for a cute med student who is as swamped as I am, though.

I don't know. I'm watching some of my classmates suffer through complaining partners/spouses. The cell phones of my study mates start going off at about 6 PM and I can hear the whining from the other end. "When are you coming home? Why can't we have dinner together? I wanna have a baby!" If your girlfriend is independent and has her own rich life, it could work out - but I'm starting to think that pharm school is toxic for many relationships. I'm so glad to be single.

I'd go for a cute med student who is as swamped as I am, though.

Yeah, I need me a doctor wife too. :smuggrin:

A phsychiatrist wife would be okay too, so when I eventually lose it, I don't haveto pay for therapy