This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'm currently in the process of applying to pharmacy schools. My state does have a highly ranked (top 10) pharmacy school (currently where I am for undergrad) so I could attend here to get in state tuition. However, I know I don't want to stay in this state after I graduate because it just isn't for me. I could handle another four years here, but I'd really prefer to leave sooner rather than later. I'm looking into other pharmacy schools out of state (some which happen to be top 10 as well but also mostly because they're in locations I'd be happy with), as well as some lower ranked ones (mostly Northeastern as a direct entry with a bachelors degree rather than their 6 year program). I have two concerns. While in state tuition would be nice, would attending my in state school limit me for residency and work options to my state? Additionally, I know Northeastern is not ranked as high as the others I'm applying to, but I love the idea of living in Boston as well as their co op program. Would going there limit my job options as well? It seems to still have a very good reputation even though it isn't ranked as high. At this point, I am definitely interested in pursuing a residency position after pharmacy school. (Obviously all of this relies on me actually being accepted but for the sake of answering these questions, let's assume the unlikely situation that I do get accepted everywhere.)

Members don't see this ad.

I am definitely interested in pursuing a residency position after pharmacy school

Just stop before you ruin ur life.

I am definitely interested in pursuing a residency position after pharmacy school

Just stop before you ruin ur life.

While I appreciate your input, I am not really looking for criticism of my career choices. I am just looking for advice on how I can best reach my current career goals.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
While I appreciate your input, I am not really looking for criticism of my career choices. I am just looking for advice on how I can best reach my current career goals.
if you want to go into direct patient care consider:

RN, PA, MD, DO, CRNA, NP

not pharmacy

if you want to go into direct patient care consider:

RN, PA, MD, DO, CRNA, NP

not pharmacy

Do you have anything else to do in your spare time? Clearly not. All you do is spew misinformation and negativity. Most people on this forum know what they're getting into and want to pursue pharmacy thus they came on here.

Do you have anything else to do in your spare time? Clearly not. All you do is spew misinformation and negativity. Most people on this forum know what they're getting into and want to pursue pharmacy thus they came on here.

Ahhh thank you, glad I'm not the only one who was thinking that. I have thought really long and hard about this. I don't want to be a doctor, nurse, PA, etc. I want to be a pharmacist. There's always going to be those people who just hate their jobs I guess...most of the pharmacists I have talked to truly enjoy what they do though. It's what I'm interested in, so I'm ready to face whatever job market saturation and student loans are ahead of me.

SO. If this forum could return to its original purpose. Aka please no more people who have never met me and don't know me at all trying to tell me what I should do with my life.

Reality:

Most people on this forum don't know what they're getting into and want to pursue only their non-retail dream cushy pharmacy jobs in their city of choice thus they came on here.

Reactions: 1 users
Reality:

Most people on this forum don't know what they're getting into and want to pursue only their non-retail dream cushy pharmacy jobs in their city of choice thus they came on here.

Oh, wow, look, another one. Yes, I know there is a strong possibility I will end up in retail and not in my ideal city or even in a rural area. I would be okay with this. I'm prepared to face that. If I even ever manage to get my "dream job", I sure don't expect to get it right off the bat and I am 100% okay with this. I am an adaptable person and can usually work with whatever situation I end up in. Also, just to reiterate what apparently was not clear enough before, I DID NOT ASK FOR ANYONE'S OPINION ON MY CAREER GOALS. Please stop commenting about how I am making a mistake because you are not going to change my mind on this and will be wasting your time and mine. I just want to know what might be my best options that would increase my chances of ending up in my dream job.