Pharmacy School Rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

internist88

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is a site where I can find official pharmacy school rankings?

Also what type of pharmacists own the most (without holding an executive position) and how much do they make?

Members don't see this ad.

internist88 said:

Also what type of pharmacists own the most (without holding an executive position) and how much do they make?

There is no such thing. YOu can check the sticky thread to see school stats and draw your own conclusions based on GPA and applicant/acceptance ratios.

internist88 said:

There are no current rankings for pharmacy schools. The ones you find online are 10 years old and not accurate.

What do you mean "own the most"? Do you mean stock in the company that they work for, or how many toys are in their garage?

The pay varies by location and what you do.

Members don't see this ad :)
dgroulx said:
There are no current rankings for pharmacy schools. The ones you find online are 10 years old and not accurate.

What do you mean "own the most"? Do you mean stock in the company that they work for, or how many toys are in their garage?

The pay varies by location and what you do.

According to US News, 2006 edition, here are the top 25 schools:

1. UCSF
2. UT Austin
3. UNC Chapel Hill
4. Purdue
Arizona
Michigan
Minnesota
8. UI Chicago
Kentucky
UM Baltimore
11. Ohio State
U Florida
Wisconsin Madison
14. USC
Utah
U Washington
17. U Buffalo SUNY
Iowa
Kansas
Tennessee - Memphis
21. VCU
22. Georgia
23. Colorado - Denver
Pittsburg

Jbuprepharm said:
According to US News, 2006 edition, here are the top 25 schools:

1. UCSF
2. UT Austin
3. UNC Chapel Hill
4. Purdue
Arizona
Michigan
Minnesota
8. UI Chicago
Kentucky
UM Baltimore
11. Ohio State
U Florida
Wisconsin Madison
14. USC
Utah
U Washington
17. U Buffalo SUNY
Iowa
Kansas
Tennessee - Memphis
21. VCU
22. Georgia
23. Colorado - Denver
Pittsburg

US News rankings are based on research grants. It's meaningless.

konkan said:
US News rankings are based on research grants. It's meaningless.

Worthless indeed. Please oh please stop paying attention to a stupid ranking number. There are so many things that go into making a school a good fit for you, and ranking number isnt one of them.

patmcd said:
Worthless indeed. Please oh please stop paying attention to a stupid ranking number. There are so many things that go into making a school a good fit for you, and ranking number isnt one of them.

I guess his "fit" is in the numbers game. If he wants to know of the Harvards of Pharmacy School, let him. Give him a break, he's new to this.

Pharmacy is NOT a "where you got your MD/JD/MBA/PhD" type of profession.

We all know USC is the best.. cuz I went there. :thumbup:

:smuggrin:

TennisBoy78 said:
I guess his "fit" is in the numbers game. If he wants to know of the Harvards of Pharmacy School, let him. Give him a break, he's new to this.

Pharmacy is NOT a "where you got your MD/JD/MBA/PhD" type of profession.

Well, UCSF is the Harvard of Pharmacy School.

dgroulx said:

I meant earn the most

Also note that not all the schools, especaily the private schools, participate in the rankings...so it is hard to get an accurate view of how each school measures up.

UCSF is tops. I think even other schools will admit to that.

RachGator said:
UCSF is tops. I think even other schools will admit to that.

yeah UCSF tops it all

why the crap isn't philadelphia college of pharmacy on there. they have always been on all the top rankings i have seen. someone told me pitts is only big on retail pharmacy though.

also where is rudgers!??! they are a really good school for pharmacy.

WVUPharm2007 said:
I think Wisconsin is better.

no way. san fran. is the hardest pharmacy school to get into ever.

So. Harvard is harder to get into than any other school, but it's not better than every school on Earth. It's just a facade of prestige that's an ingrained part of American culture. Everyone is so enamoured by UCSF, I have no idea why. They are just a school that teaches the same stuff as everyone else. Maybe their graduate program is outstanding, but if you honestly think their PharmD program is the "best", I'm going to have to scream at the emperor for not wearing any clothes.

KARM12 said:
Also note that not all the schools, especaily the private schools, participate in the rankings...so it is hard to get an accurate view of how each school measures up.

Do you know which schools didn't participate?

KARM12 said:

hey, we are going to be classmates this fall! :D

But yeah, these rankings really only tell half the story. I don't suggest that anyone should seriously use these when determining schools. Do the research on your own to decide which school is going to offer you the best education.