pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scanlon.j

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted into two pharmD programs for third year transfer (first year of the professional classes), Northeastern University and Massachusetts College of Pharmacy. I allready have a bachelor's of science in biology from Northeastern University and I am trying to decide which school is a better school for me. Does anybody have any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I know they are both great schools. I also know MCP is very expensive. Is the price at Northeastern cheaper? It is really a coin flip for you. I'd go with the cheaper school.

actually MCP is 3 thousand dollars a year less than Northeastern. So, I am waiting to hear which one gives me better financial aid. Does anyone think that I should consider MCPHS just because I allready have a degree from Northeastern University in order to avoid the inbred education effect?

Members don't see this ad :)
To me, both are the same. But for some reason, I prefer North Eastern University because the MCP staff and application process is really a big turn off. My application to this school is messed up by their computer system and I had to called them several times to make sure they corrected it. And yes, they got the application in the system now after 1 month I turned it in!!!

Expect to hear a voice message every single time you call...:)

I would choose northeaster beceause of the Co-op paid education. A lot of people in this forum complain about MCOP!