pharmacy school

Started by scanlon.j
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

scanlon.j

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been accepted into two pharmD programs for third year transfer (first year of the professional classes), Northeastern University and Massachusetts College of Pharmacy. I allready have a bachelor's of science in biology from Northeastern University and I am trying to decide which school is a better school for me. Does anybody have any advice?
 
I know they are both great schools. I also know MCP is very expensive. Is the price at Northeastern cheaper? It is really a coin flip for you. I'd go with the cheaper school.
 
actually MCP is 3 thousand dollars a year less than Northeastern. So, I am waiting to hear which one gives me better financial aid. Does anyone think that I should consider MCPHS just because I allready have a degree from Northeastern University in order to avoid the inbred education effect?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To me, both are the same. But for some reason, I prefer North Eastern University because the MCP staff and application process is really a big turn off. My application to this school is messed up by their computer system and I had to called them several times to make sure they corrected it. And yes, they got the application in the system now after 1 month I turned it in!!!

Expect to hear a voice message every single time you call...🙂
 
I would choose northeaster beceause of the Co-op paid education. A lot of people in this forum complain about MCOP!