Pharmacy Schools for international students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnNguyen1612

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m an international student. In the last year of 2018, I applied to both of pharmacy schools in my state, and i was rejected by both of them. I had all prerequisites done, good PCAT percentile, and would graduate my Associate of Degree soon. They gave me only some general reasons of why they denied me.
I was told that most of medical schools including pharmacy schools would not accept the international students like us. Have any of you been an international student? Or do you know which pharmacy schools for international students can apply?
Any responses would be helpful?
Thanks guys,

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
There are a few pharmacy schools that accept international students. A few schools in West Coast are Loma Linda, Cal north state, U of the Pacific, and Oregon State. I was in the same shoe. My advice is too look up on their website and call them to ask about it before you apply. Some schools are not eligible to issue I-20 and will not consider your application at all. Also, although it doesn't require a bachelor degree to go to pharm school, it does make you look more competitive than a AA.
good luck!

There are a few pharmacy schools that accept international students. A few schools in West Coast are Loma Linda, Cal north state, U of the Pacific, and Oregon State. I was in the same shoe. My advice is too look up on their website and call them to ask about it before you apply. Some schools are not eligible to issue I-20 and will not consider your application at all. Also, although it doesn't require a bachelor degree to go to pharm school, it does make you look more competitive than a AA.
good luck!

Thanks for your advice. You said most pharm schools do not accept the international students due to their issues?
What do you mean “you are in the same shoe”. Are you still an international students, too?

School Directory – PharmCAS

PharmCAS directory website: Use the Location tab to search pharmacy schools on the coast (they tend to give leniency on international students). After you collect coastal institutions, look up all the for-profit / private institutions (some of them may accept foreign students as well).

To expedite the process, complete a TOEFL Test to bypass extra mandated credentials if English isn’t your primary language (http://www.toefl.org/). Prepare for high-cost tuition and what you may-may not qualify to borrow in loans...

Reactions: 1 user