pharmacy schools in the north-east

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cara

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
as a high school student, i'm looking to major in pharmacy, but i am clueless as to which of the following colleges have a better science department and a pharmacy program, along with the campus, atmosphere and level of competition. also, which colleges offer more financial aid/scholarships? the following schools i am looking into that offers pharmacy are:

u. of pittsburgh
northeastern university
SUNY buffalo
u. of maryland
duquense university

if you can recommend me any other good colleges that offer the program located in the northeastern region, i'd really appreciate it!

plus- just how intense is the workload? is there any thing that i should be on the lookout for when i am accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by cara
as a high school student, i'm looking to major in pharmacy, but i am clueless as to which of the following colleges have a better science department and a pharmacy program, along with the campus, atmosphere and level of competition. also, which colleges offer more financial aid/scholarships? the following schools i am looking into that offers pharmacy are:

u. of pittsburgh
northeastern university
SUNY buffalo
u. of maryland
duquense university

if you can recommend me any other good colleges that offer the program located in the northeastern region, i'd really appreciate it!

plus- just how intense is the workload? is there any thing that i should be on the lookout for when i am accepted?

Cara,

If you know that you'd like to go into pharmacy as a high school student, I would look into programs that are advertised as "6-year programs". They will admit you directly out of high school and you'll be on the 'pharmacy track' the entire time. After looking at the admissions trends over the past three years, I think it would be smart to get your proverbial foot in the door as early as possible. I think that UCONN has one of these programs, but I'm not very familiar with the east coast schools. Good luck!

I agree, definitly look for 6 year programs, considering how competitive it is to get into 4 year programs this year, it is probably only gonig to get worse... also try Albany College of Pharmacy and Massachusetts College of Pharmacy, and Rhode Island College of Pharmacy... I think these have 6 year programs too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, definitely consider the 6 years program if i were you. I wish I know about the 6 years program back when I was in h.s.

def try looking for the programs that allow you to enter into the pharmacy program out of hs. In NY there is also LIU, St. Johns. Rutgers has a program too. I know ACP is a 6 year program, but i dont know about the others. Try checking out the link sticky at the top of the page for helpful links.

Philadelphia used to have a 6 year program... I was accepted in HS and they offer money too......
i just opted to stay in my comfort zone below the mason-dixon line,,,,

check the thread I just posted: "preparing for the pharmacy admissions process" for "0-6" schools. :thumbup: