-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
pharmacy schools rank list
Started by BubbleTeaGirl
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
[FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA][SIZE=-1]http://www.pharmacychoice.com/education/ranking.cfm[/SIZE].
Is there a method to this madness? Does anyone know of any sites that categorize how these rankings are determined? Something statistical, real.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
[FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA][SIZE=-1]http://www.pharmacychoice.com/education/ranking.cfm[/SIZE].
That link is almost 10 years old.
The most current rankings list I know of is from 2005:
http://www.uspharmd.com/student/2005_School_Rank.html
That link is almost 10 years old.
The most current rankings list I know of is from 2005:
http://www.uspharmd.com/student/2005_School_Rank.html
that was the last time US news and world report did their rankings, 2005
if you do a search on the internet also there is some published paper that had a different methodology to rank schools they numbers were slightly different but there wasn't any huge verticle changes for any of the schools I saw
pharm d. = pharm d.
i would have to agree on that one. once you pass the boards you are a pharmacist.
I personally am convinced that the ranking order for this list involved dozens of little folded up pieces of paper and a large hat. It's literally impossible to gauge how well each school does with it's PharmD program because of the lack of geographical intermixing we have. Around this neck of the woods, my completely subjective opinion is:
Pitt>Ohio State>Kentucky>WVU>PhillyCOP>Temple>LECOM>Duquense.
That's just me. It should be noted that the differences between ALL of the programs are bloody TINY. But that's as far as I can truthfully rank any programs due to lack of experience with graduates and students of other programs. And even that withstanding, that's just my experience with people that are/were students there. It could just be that Pitt, OSU, and UK attract better students, I don't know.
Pitt>Ohio State>Kentucky>WVU>PhillyCOP>Temple>LECOM>Duquense.
That's just me. It should be noted that the differences between ALL of the programs are bloody TINY. But that's as far as I can truthfully rank any programs due to lack of experience with graduates and students of other programs. And even that withstanding, that's just my experience with people that are/were students there. It could just be that Pitt, OSU, and UK attract better students, I don't know.
Those rankings usually give me a headache because I'm not even sure what they're based on half of the time. I usually look at their individual stats and see if they're a good match for ME. If NAPLEX pass rates are near 100%, they have alot of rotation options, good amount of people go into residencies, and there is alot of support from the school/faculty for the students, then I'd feel confident going there.
From my experiences and research, I think:
UNC>KY>OSU>Michigan>Cincinnati
Like everyone is saying though, the rankings are biased and based on research dollars and what the current faculty says about the program. I think what particular branch of pharmacy you want to do changes the ranking enormously, especially if you want to go into academia. That's like most any branch of academia.
UNC>KY>OSU>Michigan>Cincinnati
Like everyone is saying though, the rankings are biased and based on research dollars and what the current faculty says about the program. I think what particular branch of pharmacy you want to do changes the ranking enormously, especially if you want to go into academia. That's like most any branch of academia.
From my experiences and research, I think:
UNC>KY>OSU>Michigan>Cincinnati
Like everyone is saying though, the rankings are biased and based on research dollars and what the current faculty says about the program. I think what particular branch of pharmacy you want to do changes the ranking enormously, especially if you want to go into academia. That's like most any branch of academia.
Ah man, Is OSU pretty good? I turned down their interview. 😛
From my experiences and research, I think:
UNC>KY>OSU>Michigan>Cincinnati
Like everyone is saying though, the rankings are biased and based on research dollars and what the current faculty says about the program. I think what particular branch of pharmacy you want to do changes the ranking enormously, especially if you want to go into academia. That's like most any branch of academia.
Ah, c'mon, you're not allowed to rank your school #1.....
Ah man, Is OSU pretty good? I turned down their interview. 😛
Any state land grant school is good. Good rule of thumb.
Ah, c'mon, you're not allowed to rank your school #1.....
Why not? We've got so many more pine trees than UCSF and Texas, which puts us over the top.
ilovepharm said:Ah man, Is OSU pretty good? I turned down their interview.
I interviewed with the dean at OSU. He's a really cool guy, used to be a medicinal chemistry prof. at the college for like 20+ years before he became dean. I think the dean promotion came recently, despite receiving his professional training at Michigan. OSU has got a great program, just about as good as the other ones I posted above. But, UNC is still the best because I'll be there 🙂.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K