Pharmacy schools still taking applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prepharm1214

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's a stretch this late in the year, but are any schools still taking applications? I haven't been able to find any personally but are there any universities that might consider your app if you were to email the dean directly or something of the sort?

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely not any PharmCAS schools... the system is already taken down for the 07-08 application cycle. As for other schools, I would guess no also. Most schools are already done with their interviews and a lot of admissions, and now has to start considering their wait lists. PharmCAS opens soon (June I think) for next year's cycle though, so you can get started early and make sure to apply next year :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to go wit no. You'll need to wait to the next application season.

I'll go ahead and second that motion...discussion on the floor?

There is one or two schools that begin in January (as opposed to the beginning of fall) - but those Apps were already do.

This is the time to be preparing your application for next year. Pharmcas will open in June - And the earlier you submit - the better. Put your energy into being ready for that.

Good luck

~above~

Many of the schools that I had looked at open their applications in August and September, and then close their applications anywhere from mid January to March 1. I did see a school who closed their applications as soon as December. While some schools just want you to get in your application before the deadline, in general, sending in your application earlier is better.

As for sending in an application in the middle of May, I think you're too late.

--Garfield3d

why are you wanting to get into this cycle so late most schools have filled all their seats by now. You should just get a head start on next admissions cycle