Pharmacy schools that don't require Microbiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Koala3298

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, is there any pharmacy schools' admission whose prerequisites don't include Microbiology? I will be short of this course when I graduate.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Prereqs are this low for specific programs?

Application Requirements | Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) at PCOM

Judging by GRE having the ability to replace PCAT with 2.8 - 2.9 GPA matriculation for science as well as all courses AND the program is “8 years old”....please don’t attend...

Take microbio and apply to the other 99.998% that require it. I need to contact and research this program and include the answers I get on my disc of cautionary programs.

Prereqs are this low for specific programs?

Application Requirements | Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) at PCOM

Judging by GRE having the ability to replace PCAT with 2.8 - 2.9 GPA matriculation for science as well as all courses AND the program is “8 years old”....please don’t attend...

Take microbio and apply to the other 99.998% that require it. I need to contact and research this program and include the answers I get on my disc of cautionary programs.
There are other programs that dontcrequire it. I only know of pcomnbecause i stay in ga. So it is definitely not 99.998%.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using SDN mobile

There are other programs that dontcrequire it. I only know of pcomnbecause i stay in ga. So it is definitely not 99.998%.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using SDN mobile

Albeit I was being sardonic, my conveyed message remains the same. Not requiring microbiology is the exception not the norm.

OP, think real hard when considering the loan debt from outlier programs such as pcom ga. Theirs a reason the few programs (such as no PCAT or taking the GRE with 2.8 GPA applicants) do what they do.

I’m all for pharmacy school IFF you have a good contingency. Don’t attend these start up programs when other programs have been around for decades. If you must apply: Apply broadly, TAKE microbio, and widen your network skills by doing so.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, is there any pharmacy schools' admission whose prerequisites don't include Microbiology? I will be short of this course when I graduate.
Find a community college where you can take it online or over the summer. Shouldn't be too hard.

I don't know why any school would not have microbiology as a requirement. It's probably the one most important course that will prepare you for pharmacy school

Reactions: 1 user
You need the basis of microbiology for pharmacy school. In fact, this is only undergraduate class that I find useful for pharmacy school (beside anatomy and physiology, of course). You need to know the bugs before the drugs. You will be clueless if they discuss about gram stain, sensitivity, gram negative, klebsiella, staph , etc.

Reactions: 1 users
You are gonna have to learn micro either way

I remember seeing that Midwestern didn't require Micro